Chapter 22 "God of Whining"

Start from the beginning

He threw the magazine on the floor and just started shoving everything off the desk on the floor like a maniac. The teen just scooted away and looked on in shock. I mean, he's been fairly calm for the past few days so he was bound to snap. Shiva and I exchanged freaked out looks.

"Shut that shit off and do your damn job, brat!" Growled Ares.

The girl quickly pulled out her cellphone from her pocket, "I'm calling 911!" She cried as she hurriedly dialed something on her phone.

"Please don't! Excuse our friend, he's mentally unstable!" I blurted out in hopes of de-escalating the situation. Shiva jumped in as well, "VERY mentally unstable" She added.

Ares didn't pay us any attention and just started wrecking havoc on everything around him. Gumball machines, chairs, magazines. The girl ignored us and placed her phone against her ear. To our shock a vine shot out of the door behind her, wrapping around her phone and yanking it away. She screamed and fell to the ground. Ares had calmed down to observe what was happening.

After a few confusing seconds Dionysus strolled out into the lobby. "Brothers. Titaness." He greeted.

~

We all settled down after a while. Dionysus had managed to get us a room, I won't even ask how. Probably because he scared the girl to death. Shiva was sitting at the edge of one of the beds while Ares was in the bathroom making plenty of racket. I was pacing around the room. Standing in our doorway Dionysus coughed, "Watching you three is like watching a reality tv show. It's very interesting indeed."

"How so?" I sneered at him in frusteration.

"Oh you know, getting cast out of olympus, roaming around lost and confused, the love issues between you and-" He started.

"Don't test me Dionysus! I may no longer be a god but after all of this is over we just might have a problem." I snapped interrupting him.

Thankfully, Shiva wasn't paying attention and seemed out of it. Dionysus simply rolled his eyes and stepped in. "Whatever, I'm just saying there's a reason so many gods are invested in you guys. I had to see myself. I thought with camp half blood and all I would have front row seats but that fell through didn't it?"

Shiva had finally looked up. "What will you gods meddling with us gain you?"

"Godly drama is so much more entertaining than mortal drama. It's boring in olympus, you would know. Besides, we've been nothing but helpful." Said Dionysus.

Shiva and I just stared at him quietly. He sighed and threw his hands up in defeat. "Come on, can I at least get a thank you! You know, I'm your only ticket back into camp and back into Olympus. If Zeus finds out you two are missing it'll look real bad, especially with Pandora's box missing as well."

Shiva stood up and walked up to him with her arms crossed. "Thank you for getting us a motel room." She sighed. Her silver eyes and face blank of emotion.

Dionysus stammered for a moment and cleared his throat. "Damn right! Hah, the others are gonna be so jealous of me. I got both of you here with me! Aphrodite only got blondie and Oaf, Artemis got snow princess here, but me! I got all of you! Hah!"

Shiva narrowed her eyes at him. She must've been thinking the same thing I was. He was acting incredibly off. "Are you drunk?" We both asked in unison.

Dionysus just glanced between us confused, "Of course not."

"You seem awfully peppy for a big grump. You're definitely under the influence of something." I said smirking as I strode up to him. Shiva and I both inched closer to him cornering him in the motel.