Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"

I found myself standing at the unoccupied entrance. You'd think it would've been heavily guarded or even watched for that matter, but no soul was in sight. I stood with my hands clenched firmly at my sides, my body facing the archway; the exit of the camp.

I couldn't muster the courage to take the step, part of me felt like someone WAS watching and I'd pay the consequences if I left. Then again, did I even care what these half mortals thought about me? They sit here and regard me as something lower than them, the disrespect is infuriating. I have never been treated with such blatant contempt and I won't stand for it. My stirring thoughts and boiling rage pushed me over the edge, I finally mustered up the strength to step forward. I tilted my chin up high and walked through the archway. I stopped at the now entrance and turned towards the camp, again, nobody was in sight.

I felt a smirk creep over my face, "Fools, you think I can be contained in your 'camp'? You were gravely mistaken." I sneered.

With my comment I turned on my heel and began walking away. Strangely I walked without disturbance, without a single issue. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

APOLLO'S POV

"I hope you're decent because I'm coming in anyways!" I called inside Hera's cabin where Shiva was staying. I had been knocking restlessly at her door waiting for an answer but of course she'd ignore me like a child.

I pushed open the door and observed the inside of the cabin before stepping in, I scanned the room and took a step in. It was cold, of course it was cold, and dark. There was no Shiva in sight. "Where could she be...?" I pondered aloud.

"And you're concerned... why?"

I turned around to find Kelly standing in the doorway of the cabin, she had a smirk plastered on her chubby face like she stole candy from a child.

I rolled my eyes, "Just because I allowed myself in doesn't mean everyone can just barge in." I looked over my shoulder and continued, "Don't question my concerns."

The girls eyes glinted with something, an unknown emotion. "She stormed off."

"What do you mean she stormed off?" I scoffed at her.

"Some of the kids from the Ares cabin were picking on her." Kelly said shrugging. My senses told me she was keeping something else from me...

"Why would they pick on her?" I asked crossing my arms.

She grinned, "I wouldn't know."

She was lying. I can tell.

I squinted my eyes at her, "Must you forget that I'm the god of truth?"

Her grin fell from her lips and her face remained blank, she shook her head. "It's just, she was going around calling herself a titan and-"

I sighed before she could finish. Foolish Shiva. She's far too naive to fend for herself, let alone deal with adolescents picking on her for it. She was helpless.

"Where did she storm off to?" I asked.

Kelly shrugged, "I don't know. I just saw her heading away from the cabins. I don't know where she went."