6

I sat at the same table from yesterday, dressed as Feng Situ. Gu Nanxi and I had arranged a date, hopefully, our last. He said he had to tell me something, and it was important. I'd come up with my excuse beforehand so I wouldn't mess up.

I was moving. My father is sick and I need to move back home to take care of him. I won't be coming back to finish the school year, and I don't want a long-distance relationship. No, It's nothing you did. I just-

I saw him over the crowds of customers. He smiled and waved. Why did my friend always have to be so optimistic and happy all the time? I sat down next to him and the smile fell.

"Hi, Feng Situ."

"Hi" This was going to be harder than I thought. "I need to tell you something"

"Me too," he interrupted. "I should go first." He sat back in his chair. "Feng Situ, this isn't easy to say really, but I think we should go our separate ways."

My eyes widened and it was evident.

"Oh no, you're not gonna cry are you?"

"No," I was nowhere near crying.

"Okay, well, it's nothing you did. Don't think you did anything wrong, I just." he paused. "I don't think we are really meant for each other. You're a very nice, beautiful girl but I think." He paused again. "I think my entire life I've been looking for someone who can complete me when I need to be the one to complete myself. It has nothing to do with you really. I just...need some time to be by myself, figure things out."

I was taken back for a moment. Had Gu Nanxi actually said something smart? He was a smart guy but when it came to relationships he never was. Now, he was starting to figure things out, as he said. I was proud of my friend.

He apologized on and on for the matter. He told me I deserved someone as wonderful as I was. We said our goodbyes, and he saw Feng Situ for the last time.

I was sitting in my room doing homework when she called. Chen Qing Qing invited me over to the girl's dorm to hang out. I had a lot of homework to do but said I'd come over anyway. If any girl was worth staying up till midnight doing homework to see, it was her. Everything would turn out fine, I just wouldn't wear the disguises this time.

***

Authors note:

Thank you for reading my story! I hope you've all enjoyed it! Please leave me a comment below telling me your thought and if there's anything else you'd like to read in the future. Thank you for your time. Happy reading!