Chapter eight: Puzzle Pieces

"But that can't be possible, my mom blinded the last of the blood witches that lived-" Hwang Ara said.

"Maybe, you should just calm down right now. You're too terrified by it" Sunwoo said.

"How am I supposed to not freak out when something that is not supposed to live is actually living!?"

"Well, maybe you should breathe for a second and tell us what you're actually talking about" Juyeon tried to calm her down. Ara looked at him and gave a sigh.

She sat down again and tried to calm down. She fills them in about the different tier of witches that exist.

"Blood witches are actually the only one that can overpower sun and moon witches" Ara said.

"But what about the part you said your mom blinded them? That didn't sound like it made sense but hey witch craft things I guess" Changmin said. Hwang Ara gave another sigh after that.

"It's about my late mother and Changbin's mother"

"Wait- you guys aren't siblings or anything??" Juyeon asked.

"Heh, we hear that a lot. Unfortunately, no. But we are cousins, my late mother and his were twins"

"That kinda explains that your faces were very similar" Juyeon said.

"Yeah, and we haven't seen him in front of our faces except for Juyeon" Hyunjae said.

"Yeah... It'll be a while before you can. My mom was a sun witch and her twin, well, Changbin's mom was a moon witch"

"So like, its a way of saying they're fraternal twins but in the witch language?" Eric said.

"Yeah, kinda like that. That being said, it was either coincidence or fate that me and Changbin was born on the same day. That results into a lot of people saying we're like twins or siblings, taking after our moms" Ara said.

The boys were rather attentive to what she was saying.

"Back then, blood witches was the most evil beings that could exist. The second we left them, they were killing more humans than we could imagine. My mom didn't want that to continue, she was very fond of humans, she cared for them. She declared war with the blood witches, and she successfully blinded all of them with her sun powers"

"What about Changbin's mother? Did she help your mom?" Sunwoo asked.

"That's another truth to be told. She never said anything about Changbin's mom to me during my childhood days. I've never even seen them together throughout my life" Ara's gaze becomes sad.

"Mom never told me anything about my aunt, all I know is that Changbin is my cousin who always played with me and trained with me back then" She continued.

"Have you asked him then? He must know something about his own mother" Hyunjae said.

"No... I was only a child back then, I never thought about my aunt or family matters then..." Hwang Ara felt her regrets and looked down. They all went silent for a moment.

"It's okay. We shouldn't discuss family matters, it's your private matters anyway. Right now, we need to know how a blood witch is actually still alive" Sangyeon said.

"Why don't we ask my mother then?" Ara stood up with excitement.

"Wait- what?! But isn't she- like, you know... dead?" Kevin said. Jacob gave him a push to signal that what he said was rude.

"Uh, yeah she is. But didn't you guys remember we're witches? I can still communicate with her!"

"Through what exactly?" Juyeon and the others gave a confused.