Chapter three: Darkness

Jacob told them to have dinner first and so they did. Ara sat down and they put the deer in front of her. She was pretty disgusted by... a dead deer.

"What, you don't want some?" Hyunjae, in the middle of munching.

"Umm- I'm not hungry, it's okay"

"Isn't it obvious? She doesn't eat wolf food" Changmin said.

"How... can you see us?" Sangyeon asked.

"I don't know either. Maybe... tell what you guys are? I'm sure you aren't normal humans" Ara was curious and clearly she was in the victim spot.

"It was all witch's fault-"

"Hey it wasn't. We chose our own fate" Sunwoo said.

"W-witch?" Ara was scared when she heard that word. Not scared because of the witch, it's because...

Before any of the boys could say anything else, Ara stood up quickly.

"Well I don't know anything about witches and I don't want to have anything related to you guys. Let's pretend this never happened and never see each other again, bye!" With that Ara quickly ran away from the cave, in the middle of the dark night.

"Hey- wait!! She's trying to escape"

"Changmin, let's get her" Juyeon stood up and so does Changmin. They both changed into their wolf forms and tried to chase Ara.

Hwang Ara's POV

What in the hell have i gotten into, I should've known it must've had to do with... "that" all along.

Suddenly I hear wolf barks from behind.

Fuck.

I started sprinting faster. Everything was dark, but i managed not to trip on anything... yet.

I need to keep on running, but how am I supposed to make them lose me? Think, Hwang Ara, think!

Wolves can see better in the dark than human can. They are faster than humans are...

Ugh all these facts are advantages for them!!

Wait, fire...

I stopped running and quickly lit up a first using a lighter I have. I litted the lighter and quickly threw it to a pile of firewoods. It became a very big fire.

At this point the wolf barks are getting louder.

That should slow them down.

I quickly ran back to where I came from.

At seoul, Ara's campus...

"Ara, what are you doing in the middle of the night?" The old guard that was the one who is in charge of the gate her dormitory was worried about her.

"I just came back from a tour! It finished late so I had a little problem to get back"

"Late as in until 3 in the morning?"

"Yes! Now you wouldn't want a student to not catch up with her beauty sleep don't you?"

"Ah, no no... Here you go. Have a good night, Hwang Ara" She opened up the gate and let her inside.

Ara gave a bow and hurriedly ran to her room.

She closed the door while panting and her heavy breaths. It was very tiring, running away from them.

"I need to contact him"

Hwang Ara sat on her bed and dig into her purse to find her phone. She quickly scrolled the list of her contacts for...

Changbin

Changbin

Changbin hey this is serious!

I know you hate me and we promised not to talk to each other but

YOU NEED TO MESSAGE ME BACK

pretty please :)

Hwang Ara facepalms herself.

Of course, who would be up late in the morning like this. Lets just let it be and go to sleep.

At the woods...

Juyeon and Changmin got back.

"Don't tell me you guys lost her?" Younghoon asked.

"Well, we did. She was smart, she lit up a fire barrier sort of thing" Changmin said and turned into his human form.

"Why did she run all of the sudden though" Juyeon turned back into human and took a bite of the deer.

"She must know something" Haknyeon said.

"Let's pretend this never happened? What is she thinking about" Kevin asked.

"Whatever it is, we can't lose her" Sangyeon said.

"Why? Can't we just let her go?" Hyunjae said.

"No, Hyunjae. It's obvious she's trying to hide something from us"

"Maybe... She's the witch from 10 years ago?" New said while making a dramatic face.

"That would be... something" Sunwoo said.

"Even if it is something, it's not like the witch from 10 years ago can do anything about us" Eric said.

"Wait... Why would the witch look younger then?"

"Because she's not, Kevin. We don't know yet"

They ended their discussion. Sangyeon still wanted to keep an eye on her.