"I have a grim face?" Kai asked "Have you looked in the mirror?" She glared at him, proving Kai's point.

"Well since you're here, we might as well spar." she said.

"That's not a very good idea." Kai said.

"Oh? Is the guardian scared?" She asked in a mocking tone. Kai chuckled darkly. It was never good when he chuckled darkly. He decided to pull himself together and hold back when fighting with her.

"Sure Nesta, lets spar." he said, then climbed the mat. He removed his spine sheath and dropped heros outside the mat.

Nesta picked up a blunt sparring sword and threw it to him. He caught it, then felt it's weight by spinning it around. Then they began circling each other.

"You're going down pretty boy." Nesta said

"I think I'm going to call you the grim reaper." Kai said. Then Nesta lunged at him. He dodged. The fighting began. Nesta was balanced, she was fast and she was focused.

She had moves, Kai thought. Kai blocked everything she threw at him. When she feinted left, Kai made to cut her off. But then she was so fast that her right foot connected with his jaw.

Kai, disoriented, fell off the mat.

"Pretty boy didn't see that one coming." Nesta said to the group of guards that had already surrounded the mat, more coming in.

Kai got up and massaged his jaw with his left hand. He licked his mouth and felt a trickle of blood. He stepped into the mat and set himself into a fighting stance, Nesta doing the same.

He had underestimated her. No more holding back.

Kai lunged at her. Nesta was already on the defense with her sword. She thought she was fast? Kai had trained with assassins who killed in a swipe. Then he had beaten those assassins.

Nesta found an opening then flung her sword at him. He ducked and before she could turn in attack, he already had his hand around her neck and his sword pointed at her face.

There were murmurs from crowd of Guards that had gathered.

"The grim reaper still needs lessons." Kai whispered in her ear, then released her. The crowd of guards then slowly dissipated.

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" Nesta asked him.

"A compound in Mohja" Kai answered. There was no point lying. She would never find it anyways.

"See you around guardian." Nesta said, then walked off.

Kai went home and took a nice invigorating bath. The princess had sent more shampoos and conditioners for his hair. She also threatened to flay him if he cut his forelocks.

He put on a white shirt, a brown knee length overcoat, and black pants. He went to the princesses house. Julia, her maid, answered the door.

"Guardian Kai." she said then bowed.

"Julia. How are you?" Kai asked.

"I'm well guardian. Please come in." she said. Kai walked into the foyer, then the living room. "The Princess is still in the bathing room, she should be out and ready soon."

"Thank you Julia." Kai said. Then he dropped onto the living room sofa.

A while later the Lady Princess stepped out of her room. She wore a long purple gown and her white hair was braided neatly. Her eyes shone its unusual blue, a blue the color of the sky. She looked exceedingly beautiful as usual.