2

The first few weeks with Tao were mainly just adjusting. He finally let me in to his office and showed me all of his impressive equipment. He impressed me over the next few months with a lot of things, but mainly his own personal talent.

It was so fascinating that I ended up showing up at his office even more than I usually would, or even needed to.

I pressed my hands to his shoulders and he tensed, clicking his tongue as he turned and smacked my hands away from him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.
I frowned, "Nice to see you too, boss." I replied sarcastically, "I see you're not a touch person."
"What's that supposed to mean?"

I grinned, glad he asked, "Well, humans like to give and receive affection and acknowledgement in three different ways. One being touch, the second being gifts, and the third being words. Now I would say you might be a gift person at first, but giving money as a gift isn't exactly what you do, it's your work. You receive money for the things you produce, not because you yourself is acknowledged. So that leaves words!"

"How can you be so sure I would be a 'word' person?" He asked.

I breathed a laugh. He was smart, but a bit dumb. Just the mere fact he decided to ask me to elaborate meant he was invested in what I had to say. He liked hearing peoples opinions, especially opinions of him and his work. I mean, his work relied on the opinions of the people after all.

"Let's see, do people ever say you act like an AI?"
There was a short pause, and I glanced back to see him smile, "Yes, in fact, I get that a lot."

"Bingo~. Mr. Tao, the people around you are always talking to you because they want things from you. They are using you for money or for their own personal gain, speaking in ways that make you strive for perfection. I'm sure your insecurities are reflected in your work and your current personality as well.
The work that you do is what people see, not you. When they speak to you they speak about your work and how it can be better. They have no concern for who you are or how you feel. You can't honestly tell me that if someone, human, that you trusted and cared for, told you how amazing you were with pure intent, that you would be unhappy?"

He sighed, "Wouldn't any one like to hear that?"

"But certain people would prefer to hear that over a tight reassuring hug, or a gift made and given to them with love. Some people prefer to hear instead of feel."