Chapter 61

I continued sobbing while the knights led Donkey, Puss, and I towards the dungeon. Their constant shoving was annoying, but at that moment, I had no fight within me. I felt so distraught by everything that had happened, so alone. It was as if a part of me was missing, lost somewhere I wouldn't know to look. I couldn't comprehend the fact that Artie was gone. I didn't want to believe that was the case.

The life I could have had with him was longer going to come true, and there wasn't anything I could do to change that. We finally reached our cell, and to my surprise, it wasn't empty. Fiona, Queen Lillian, and the rest of the other princesses were all sitting around inside.

"Fiona!" I cried as the cell door opened. I rushed over and hugged her tight.

"Katie? I can't believe it, you're here." Fiona said. "It's been so long, I've missed you so much."

She looked at me and noticed how puffy my eyes were. My tears still on my cheeks.

"Katie, what's wrong?" She asked worryingly.

Before I could answer, Donkey and Puss were thrown into the cell. They were definitely fighting against it but had lost miserably.

"Yeah, and I have your badge number," Donkey yelled.

I could tell that Fiona was utterly confused by the fact that Puss and Donkey were speaking from the wrong bodies, so I had to briefly explain what had happened. I was quite shocked to see that Doris was in the cell as well, I guessed she turned good and joined our side, which was nice to see.

"I don't get it," Cinderella said.

"The cat turned into a little horse that smells like feet." Snow White replied. "What's to get?"

Sleeping Beauty then jolted up from her sleep, looking around the room dazed and confused. "Huh? Who dat?"

"Katie, my dear, have you been crying? Are you ok?" I looked over and saw Queen Lillian walking over to me.

I shook my head. "I-I...I don't..."

"Oh, I think I know what's wrong," Doris sighed, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Let me guess, heartbreak, because of a special boy you're in love with?"

I was amazed, baffled even. "How did you-"

"Honey, I know. I've been there."

"Where's Shrek?" Fiona asked.

"Charming's got him, Princess," Donkey explained. "And he plans on killing Shrek tonight in front of the whole kingdom!"

She let out a gasped before turning towards everyone. "Alright, everyone, we need to find a way out, now."

"You're right," Snow began. " Ladies, assume the position!"

I first thought they meant fighting or breaking out positions, but instead, they just sat in their "waiting for their prince" places. You know what I mean.

"What are you doing?" Fiona asked.

"Waiting to be rescued." Sleeping Beauty replied.

"Seriously?" I questioned. "Come on, is that the best idea you have? Just to sit around while Charming plans to take over and ruin everything?"

"You have got to be kidding me," Fiona said in disbelief.

"Well, what do you expect us to do?" Snow asked. "We're just four... I mean, three, super hot princesses, two circus freaks, an emotional teenager, a pregnant ogre, and an old lady."

"Hmmm. Excuse me." Queen Lillian said, walking past us towards the brick wall. "Old lady coming through."

Once she got up close to it, we all watched as she took a deep breath. She then let out a loud hee-yah and head-butted the wall, causing it to fall and crumble. For someone of her age, she had a lot of strength.

"Mom!?" Fiona chuckled.

"Well, you didn't actually think you got your fighting skills from your father, did you?" She smiled.

"Excuse me," Snow said, pointing to the other wall. "I think there's still one more."

Queen Lillian then went to that wall and smashed it again. This time when she did this, we finally saw the outside world. However, I think that took more effort than the last hit, as she looked all woozy and disorientated.

"Why don't you just lie down?" Fiona said calmly. I took Lillian by the hand, guided her to sit down and get some rest. I mean, she head-butted two brick walls for crying out loud. She certainly needed it.

Fiona then turned to us, all with a massive grin on her face. "Okay, girls, from here on out, we're gonna take care of business ourselves."

We all nodded and smiled at each other. Even though I was still upset about Artie, I had to focus on the matter at hand. We had a kingdom to save, and that meant one thing...we were about to have a big fight on our hands. Was I ready? You bet I was.