Chapter 15

The next morning, Shrek woke Donkey and I up and told us that the king wanted him to come along for a morning hunt- a little father in law and son in law time is what I called it. The king gave Shrek strict instructions to 'head to the darkest part of the woods and past the sinister trees.' It was pretty weird that Shrek had to go to that area of the woods, so I suggested that Donkey and I tag along. It didn't go according to plan as we ended up getting completely lost and had no idea where we were.

"How are we even going to get back to the castle?" I asked.

"We'll find away, I'll make sure we get back ok." Donkey said. Shrek and I looked at each other with uncertainty in our eyes. I doubted that was going to happen.

We continued walking through the woods, and it was then I started hearing a strange purring sound. I looked over at Donkey and then Shrek to see if I just heard things.

"I know it was kind of a tender moment back there, but the purring?" Shrek laughed.

"You can hear it as well?" I asked, "Donkey, since when could you purr?"

"Hey, Shrek, Katie. Donkeys don't purr. What do you think l am, some kind of a..."

Then out of nowhere, this orange blur suddenly jumped in front of us, nearly startling me in my tracks. When I looked closer, I realised that it was a cat... holding a sword. And it was not only wearing a cape but a hat and boots too. I didn't know what I saw at that moment.  Since when did cats wear boots?

"Fear me if you dare." He hissed.

"Look out, Shrek! He got a piece!" Donkey yelled.

"It's a cat, Donkey." Shrek sighed.

"Wearing shoes?" I questioned.

I didn't think the cat would be that dangerous, that is until he ran towards Shrek and starting attacking him. That I wasn't expecting. Donkey and I tried to stop it, but it ended up with Donkey kicking Shrek in the groin area, that had got to hurt.

"Now, ye ogre," the cat exclaimed. "Pray for mercy from... Puss... in Boots!"

Puss in boots? Seriously? That was his name? That had to be one of the simplest names possible. Except for, of course, Donkey... doesn't get more on the nose than that. Shrek, Donkey, and I were about to give him a taste of his own medicine when he came out with information that neither of us was expecting. Puss had been paid by King Harold to find Shrek and, in some ways, 'take care of him'; that was not only shocking but also quite upsetting to learn. 

To think that the king wanted to spend time with Shrek but, in fact, brought him out into the middle of nowhere to get attacked and out of Fiona's life. Shrek was utterly distraught; he wanted Fiona to be happy and give her want he thought she needed... her prince charming. I then saw the look on his face, and I knew he had an idea. He took out the card Fairy Godmother was going to give Fiona and, with Donkey's help, managed to figure out where she was. We were going to go and get some help from her.

"Another adventure? I'm down for it." I smiled.

We were about head off when Puss asked if he could tag along as well. After what he just did was he really thinking that he would be on our good side now? However, he started to give us this sad look and his eyes... he looked so adorable. I just want to give him a cuddle. Shrek and I couldn't say no to him with that cute look on his face, so he ended up joining us much to Donkey's dismay.

After much walking, we all arrived at Fairy Godmother's cottage. It was more of a factory than a little house. Coloured smoke was coming out of the gigantic chimnies.

"That's the Fairy Godmother's cottage," Puss explained, "She's the largest producer of hexes and potions in the whole kingdom."

"Then why don't we pop in there for a spell?" Shrek chuckled, making Puss bust out laughing. It wasn't the best joke, but it was a tad funny. As we headed inside, I didn't know how we were going to be able to get to her, but I knew we would come up with a plan. We're always able to.