Ch. 3 Volleyball Team

Start from the beginning

He shrugged, "Yeah, but don't worry, he'll warm up to you. He's also our ace so watch out for him because I've decided that it'll be the three of us against the three of them." Oh, throwing me headfirst into the rapids then. "So, what role are you good at?"

I thought for a second before responding, "Any of them, I was a decent all-rounder."

"Great, then you can set for us." he gave me a thumbs up. No problem. In a 3 v 3 match, two receivers are in the back with the setter/defender near the net. 

Each side got in a triangular position - Shorty to my back left and Tanaka serving from my back right. The ball is sent flying across the net by Tanaka and was received by Asahi, who in turn hits it to their setter - Suga as they called him. 

The entire time, my eyes have been following the setter and Hinata's every moment all the way down to the slight muscle twitch. I was a strategy I utilized to predict a person's next movements - a must-know for professional fighters. Of course, I'm not a fighter but dancing professionally made me a pro in analyzing body movement and controlling my own better than others. 

Setter goes for the set as Orange runs up to the net to spike and I go up to meet him - no! I narrowed my eyes as his leg tensed to pivot his foot. He began to run the other way and I rushed to meet him on the other side of the goddamn court to block his attack. Talk about using the entire playing field.

I huffed a sigh of relief when my teammates ran up behind me in congratulations.

"I've never seen anyone block Hinata on the first try like that!" laughed Tanaka.

"That was awesome!" Nishinoya was jumping up and down in excitement, "Although I woulda received it if you didn't block it, it was still crazy! He went 'Wooosh' but you were like, 'Hell no' and then 'Bam!'"

"Noya, use your words." Suga said, shaking his head.

"It's quite alright, I somehow understand him." I smiled as I ruffled his spiked hair, messing it up a bit. He pouted and with a fire in his eyes, proclaimed that he'll do his best to have my back if the ball slips past me.

Orange had a look of excitement as if he was renewed with even more energy if that was even possible. "Oh, it's on!"

3rd Person PoV

"Hey, who's that playing on Nishinoya's side?" asked Daichi, who just entered the gym.

"Humph, they referred to him as Seung-Jun." grouched Kageyama, still salty they started a match without him, even if it was a casual one. "Is he new?"

Daichi shook his head, "I didn't hear of any new applicants. He has to be pretty good if he's holding his own against Hinata, Suga, and Asahi. Then again he does have Noya and Tanaka."

Daichi spoke too soon as he watched Seung-Jun react to Hinata's fake-out and touched Asahi's spike. Noya backed him up with a receive that allowed Tanaka to spike them a point. "Wow," he breathed, impressed, "he's somehow keeping up with the team's two best spikers." 

By this time, the entire volleyball team has already made it to the gym and was watching the match before practice starts in the next 15 minutes. All eyes were on the new guy whom they learned was Seung-Jun. His technique looked rusty, but his reflexes and prediction ability were what marginally won them the match. It also helped that Hinata was still terrible at receives.

Seung-Jun's PoV

"YEEEAAAHAHH!" screamed Tanaka who ripped his shirt over his head to start swinging it around in victory.

"Duuude!" shouted Nishinoya as he playfully punches my shoulder. I stumbled a little, still trying to catch my breath from keeping up with the two monsters that were Hinata and Asahi. "How'd you learn to move like that? It was like you saw right through their attack and defense. You didn't waste a single step!"