trente-huit

“Jennie.”

“Hmm?”

“The dean just messaged me. I'm representing the university in a forum in Vienna.”

“Wait, really? That's incredible, Lisa! Congrats!”

“Thanks, babe.”

“Why do you seem upset?”

“I... I don't know. What if I mess up?”

“You? Mess up? Please. You only suck at flirting, but I promise you you're great at everything else.”

“Whoa, wait. I suck at flirting? Really now, Jen?”

“I literally just complimented you about everything else, and you pick up the flirting part?”

“I do not suck! I mean, I have you in my bed right now. How does it get better than that?”

“You're such a loser.”

“A cute one.”

“Lets agree to disagree.”

“You're adorable, you know that?”

“You still aren't.”

“Hey, you're supposed to boost my ego because the forum has me nervous and shit.”

“Oh right, sorry, babe. What's the forum about?”

“Wait, I'll check the email. It's an academic exchange thing and... oh.”

“Oh?”

“I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks.”

“Oh.”

“Oh?”

“I meant, uhh, that's a lot of time! You do great and make the most out of your 2 weeks, all right?”

“Aww, you're going to miss me, aren't you?”

“I don't know what you're talking about.”

“I leave tomorrow morning, Jennie.”

“Wait, what? Like, tomorrow tomorrow? Like, in 24 hours? In the morning?”

“Yeah, that's how days work, Ms. Manager.”

“Wait, but... never mind. You take care, okay? And bring something home for me.”

“I don't even know what's in Vienna.”

“Vienna sausage?”

“That sounds inappropriate. I thought you were gay, Jen.”

“You're a pervert, you know that?”

“You're a blessing, you know that?”

“I didn't think you were religious.”

“Well, when you got an angel in front of you, it's difficult not to believe that there's some sort of God.”