three.

I hadn't seen David for a couple of days now. He was too preoccupied with drugs to even text me back so I decided to leave him and see what he would do after a couple days of no contact. It had been 5 days of that plan and so far, David hadn't even watched my stories on Snapchat. He was off the grid, bound to some unknown place and I had no way of reaching him.

I wasn't going to blow up his phone like a crazy person. No, I would rather wait until he messages me. But the longer I waited, the angrier I got. David didn't even know if I was healthy or happy right now. For all he knew, I could have been dead. But that didn't matter to him. All he cared about was his drugs, money, and status.

I was growing tired of his childish antics. The incessant need to prioritize the gang over anything else. His deeprooted loyalty to his friends, even when they do not respect him, through everything that happens. He picked them over me on so many occasions, it was like a broken record when he apologized. Over and over again he would apologise and then pull the same stunt. It was boring, we were boring. Days I would wake up and he would be with his friends, smoking or playing games, not even thinking about what I would be doing that day.

It was tiring. I felt like a parent. I was only there to feed him and clothe him. Anything else he got from his friends. Sometimes I thought, why don't you marry your friends? Not to be rude but, he might as well have. David was a gang member. Born and bred. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Keith," Blake called out, tapping me. We stood in the line at lunch, eager to get some food. I hummed, looking up at him with slight confusion. "Its your turn, hurry up I'm hungry." I sighed, walking closer to the trays, grabbing one. Todays lunch wasn't anything special. Simple burger and fries. So I was confused as to why Blake wanted me to hurry so badly.

After grabbing my food, I started to make my way towards the seating area, scoping out a table. Blake and I weren't really what you would call "popular". We didnt hang out with the cool kids or go to any of the stupid parties. That wasn't my scene, let alone Blake's. They are riddled with drugs, fornication, drinking and degrading games. I got enough of that from being around my boyfriend and his friends. I liked different things, valued different types of interactions. I don't know if Blake felt the same but, he never complained when I didn't go to parties.

I sat down at a table, Blake following suit. He dropped his bag on the seat next to him, sitting in front of me. He started devouring his food, causing me to sniger slightly. I pulled my phone out of my pocket as I ate, grabbing a few fries at a time. Quickly scrolling through snapchat, I checked my viewers, looking for David's name. Hm. Not there.

I sighed, wondering why I even expected different. He had fallen off the face of the earth and, this wasn't the first time. I suppose it was my fault for even forgiving him after the first time. Whatever, this time would be different. I cant take him back after this, theres no way. He didnt even tell me before he ghosted. He simply dropped me off at home, kissing me briefly on the cheek and driving away. I texted him that night but when I woke up in the morning, there was no reply.

"Here," Blake said, handing me his chocolate milk. I smiled, taking it from him. Blake was the best friend I always needed. He was like a brother to me, and me him. From the very first moment that I saw him in 3rd grade, we clicked. He was annoying at first, irritated me to even see him but after some time, I warmed up to him. Blake was persistent in our friendship so, I had to.

My phone vibrated caused my eyes to shift from Blake to it. A notification from snapchat came up, peaking my interest. Blake was babbling on about his lessons and although I was listening, my main focus was finding out what the notification was.

d_dre1

added you from username

I ignored the add, wondering who it was. It wasn't often that random people added me on Snapchat because I never socialised with anyone. So this confused me. But I wasn't phased by it. I quickly took a picture of Blake's and I's food, finding a snapchat generated filter, posting it and then locking my phone.