one.

"You hear what happened last week?" David asked, his head bent down, focusing on the blunt he was rolling. "Couple man got rushed just down the road."

I pretended to be surprised. David didn't even look up to see my expression. Instead, he carefully rolled his blunt, slightly sitting up in satisfaction when it was done. "Oh really?" I asked, faking enthusiasm. David didn't have to know that I didn't care. He always got this look on his face whenever he started telling a story; a look of fascination — and I didn't have the heart to tell him to stop.

"Deadass." He replied, picking up his lighter.

I leaned further into the couch, frowning at the way the cushion bent underneath my weight. David  didn't seem to notice, too caught up with his weed. I kept shifting, trying to find a comfortable position before sighing, staying in one place. Don't get me wrong, I love David, but at the same time, his house creeped me out.

From the outside, it looked nice but once you stepped in, you were instantly hit with the smell of weed. He didn't even try to hide it when cops were patrolling the road. Whenever I asked, David would ramble on about how he doesn't care if he goes to jail and the cops are "pigs" anyway. I would end the conversation there, not trying to get him anymore annoyed.

"Keith." He called out, staring at me. That was another thing he did. David would constantly stare at me from time to time. I didn't say anything about it at first but after a while, it got irritating. I didn't know whether he was staring at food in my teeth or through me because he was day dreaming. Whatever it was, it got on my nerves.

"Yeah?" I replied, getting my phone out of my pocket. I quickly unlocked it, noticing a few messages from snapchat. "What's up?"

The sound of a chair scrapping told me that David had stood up from his chair, making his way towards me. "You're good right?" He asked, sitting beside me. "Like....you—you okay?"

My eyebrows furrowed. What was he trying to ask me? "David. Spit it out." I said, my patience wearing thin.

He sighed, placing the blunt between his lips, sucking in some air. [A/N: don't judge, I don't know how to describe someone smoking] David exhaled, staring at the tv in front of him. "I just wanted to know if you're good. I mean you've been acting strange."

"Strange?"

"Yeah like you hardly ever come over anymore and you got a nigga out here looking stupid."

I do? David decided to look at me again. I couldn't describe the emotion in his eyes. Whether they were anger or disapproval, I don't know. Either way, it caused this stirring in my stomach that I didn't like. "David..." I said trailing off. I didn't know how to phrase my words. "I don't make you look stupid. I just don't hang out with you because of your friends."

"What friends?"

"Man—you know damn well what i'm talking about. You walking 'round here with these niggas as if you run the streets! It's fucked up yo." I said, shaking my head. "I can't stand it when you do that."

"That's the hustle baby."

I scoffed. "David that ain't no hustle. That's a one way ticket to jail."

David seemed to pale when I mentioned jail, turning his attention back to his blunt. He sighed, a sign of his mood  changing, before standing up from the couch. "Know what."

I stared up at him. "What?"

"You don't understand."

I didn't even argue. I couldn't. Because for David to be doing this, there had to be something I didn't understand. "Ight then." I said, standing up from the couch. I stretched a little bit, grabbing my bag from the floor. "My momma waiting, I gotta go."

David rolled his eyes, grabbing my wrist. "Sit the fuck back down. Your momma ain't waiting for you."

"Yeah she is." I attempted to pull my wrist from his grip. "David let go."

He shook his head, pulling me closer towards him. "Shut up and gimme a kiss." He demanded, staring down at me. David, being 6'4 and me being 6'0 seemed to hold all the dominance in the relationship, much to my disapproval. "I'm waiting."

I rolled my eyes, leaning up, pressing my lips against his for a couple seconds, pulling away quickly. David seemed to be unsatisfied with that, pulling me back towards him, claiming my lips roughly. I sighed against his lips, kissing him back as emotively.

I only craved for these moments in our relationship.