Wake Up Midna x Link

I could remember it like it was yesterday. The day of Link's defeat. A horrible day in all of Hyrule. A horrible day for me.

• • •

I watched. That's all I could do. I was weak. The fused shadows powers were too much to handle. I watched as Link was surrounded by an unbreakable wall. There was no where for him to go. Ganondorf approached the boy. He chuckled, evil eyes staring down at the Hylian. Link took out his shield. Ganondorf spun his sword but Link deflected it. Ganondorf stumbled back. Link took this opportunity to strike his enemy. He landed a couple hits on the Dark Lord. Ganondorf jumped back, avoiding more hits. The Evil King ran toward the boy in green with his sword pointed outward. Link sidestepped the attack. His sword hit the wall and it stunned him. Link dove in for the hit. Ganondorf turned around and put his sword above his head.

"Be gone with you!" He plunged his sword downward, piercing Link's body. The boy collapsed backward. The Dark Lord pulled the giant sword out of Link's body. He snapped and the walls disappeared.

"Haha. Evil shall rule now, you puny human." Ganondorf walked away. He couldn't be stopped now. Zelda still was mounted on Epona, speechless. She sat there in shock.

I got up quickly. I began walking fast, for my power was still weak. I began to run. I needed to help Link. I tripped, weakness filled me. I could barely stand. I crawled over to the Hylian. His breathing was heavy and his eyes were barely open. Blood pooled from Links wound, making a puddle around the boys body. Link coughed and blood sprayed from his mouth. I picked his head up and put it in my lap. Tears began flowing from my eyes and they trickled down my cheeks. I whispered a soft, "Why?" And looked down. I stroked Link's hair. It was nice and soft but slightly mangled. I wiped some blood from the corner of his mouth with my thumb. I continued to stroke his hair softly.

"It's okay Link. You're okay." I repeated this several times. Link made a soft grunting sound and lifted his hand slowly and shakily. He touched Midna's arm.

"M-Midna." He spoke quietly. His lips barely moved. I caressed his face with my thumb. Tears dripped down and hit the cold dirt.

"I-I fa-failed you." He spoke with no energy. His eyes shifted to the left.
"No! Li-Link! You didn't fail me!"
"Y-Yes I did. I failed you and Hyrule."
I wrapped my arms around his neck and held them there.

"You didn't fail me or Hyrule! Don't say that!" Links head tilted and he muttered the words, "I'm sorry." He took his last breath. Then he went limp in my arms. I pulled Link closer to me and wailed.

"No Link! No! Please!" I put my nose into his hair. "Wake up! Please wake up!"

I looked up to see Zelda standing inches away from Link. Her face was straight as she looked down at the boy. She looked fine but I could see in her eyes that she wasn't. She looked hurt and upset. She just stared at Link.
I held him tight. I never wanted to let him go. I pleaded for him to awake but my pleads weren't going to help anything.

"Midna. He's gone. You have to let go." Zelda persisted. Her voice cracked a little, indicating she was holding back some tears.

"I-I can't." I stuttered. I couldn't bring myself to let go.

"Midna. Please let go." I looked up at Zelda with pleading eyes but decided I had to do it. I kissed the top of Links head slowly and whispered in his ear.

"I'll never forget you." I unwrapped my arms from his neck. I gently placed his head down onto the dirt. I took two fingers and slid his eyelids down so they covered his remarkable blue eyes.

I walked over to Zelda and stood next to her. I looked at Link and then looked down. Silence filled the air. No wind blew. No birds sang. Only silence.

"Thank you for everything Zelda. But I need to go back to my realm." Zelda looked at me.

"You're still in your imp form! How do you expect the get out of it?"
"I'll figure it out." I walked away into the night.

• • •

Ganondorf ruled both realms now. No one could stop him. Only the chosen hero could but even he was no match for Ganondofs power. The day he took over both lands was filled with blood and gore. Not many survivors were left but there were few. Including me. All the survivors became slaves for the Evil King. Except me. He imprisoned me.

"You are a threat to me." He said. "I don't need anything stopping my plans." He planned to execute me. Today was that day. I was ready. I didn't want to suffer anymore. I had already lost the only person I deeply cared about and I lost all my people. Almost every Twilian was killed in the rain of terror Ganondorf brought.
I heard some guards open my cell.

"Come on you twat." I didn't struggle. I didn't fight. I let it happen. They placed me in front of Ganondorf.
"I've been waiting to do this for a very long time." He smirked. I didn't speak nor look up. I kept my head down and waited. I could be with Link. I could see him again. I heard Ganondorf ready his sword. He plunged it down onto me. I thought to myself that this is it. No more suffering. No more hurt. No more anger. I get to be happy. Everything went dark.