Chapter 9 - To the Wind

Aha haha...it's 4am and I'm posting this. I literally wrote for hours non stop cause I woke up like: Gasp

"I forgot to write the whole ball scene!".

Cause I've been caught up in writing my other fic whoops. Dumb, ik

Anyways here's the chapter and yep its long~ over 7000 words

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

When Kuroo and Hana stepped through the great hall's double doors, it was hard not to just stand and stare for a while.

The whole place was decked out in blue and white.

The arches of the roof were enveloped in white starry lights, icicles hung from the ceiling as well as crystallized ice sculptures decorating every table and every free corner.

Three large pine trees stood towards the back, white snow clinging to the fur.

The whole place was permeated with silver frosted and celeste blues of light that made the whole hall feel surreal, or something pictured from a winter holiday storybook.

Not to be dorky, but, it looked like the interior of Elsa's palace.

Disney had it right, this is what magic could do.

"Kuroo, come on" Hana tugged at his hand, pulling him away from being entranced by shimmery blue dragonflies hovering and darting over a few tables.

"Hello MTV and welcome to my fridge" Kuroo mumbled under his breath as Hana dragged him through the crowd.

"So, when exactly are we dancing?" Hana drops his hand and Kuroo realizes they're near the front where the orchestra looks like it's charged with energy, instruments rearing to go.

"The champions and their partners start dancing first, then it's you, me and the prefects. Then teachers and...then I guess other students join in at whatever time they want" Kuro shrugs a shoulder.

"Oh thank god we're not dancing immediately first" Hana huffed a sigh, placing a hand over her chest.

'Of course not. Let he who is without sin throw the first stone" Kuroo smirked.

"And what does that mean, Shakespeare?" she snorted.

"It's pronounced Shakesqueer" Kuroo pointed a finger at her.

"And it means that if we were to dance first, we would surely outshine them all, so it would be better that they made their appearance first" Kuroo winked.

"I think I know where you're coming from, but don't quote if you can't apply the sayings properly" Hana rolled her eyes, a wide grin spread across her face.

Kuroo knitted his brows and opened his mouth, ready to argue back, playfully.

But he was cut off upon seeing that the great hall's doors fly open.

Kuroo asked himself why they had closed the doors just to open them again, cause come on that was funny and surely for dramatization.

But he tried to focus on the newcomers.

The teachers stepped through the doors first, making their way up to the front.