forty-one

(October)
It was coming to the end of October, I was 4 and a half months pregnant and I had started to show. It was Friday morning, I woke up to the sinking feeling in my stomach. I looked over at jug who was lying behind me and saw her was still asleep, I gently moved from his arms and headed into the bathroom. I wasn't sick but sat in there until the feeling had passed, but that wasn't for another half an hour.

I eventually stood up from the bathroom floor and headed over to the sink to wash my hands. When I dried them off I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I admired my new bump that was now showing. After a minute I turned the light off and headed back into the bedroom, I climbed into bed and Jugheads arm came around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He nuzzled his head into the bakc of my neck and kissed me softly 'you feeling okay?' He whispered, I nodded and said 'I think it's finally starting to pass, this was the one morning I haven't been sick yet' he smiled and said 'that's good, how's my munchkin doing?' I turned so I was facing him and I said 'doing just fine, we have an appointment next week so we'll need to tell your sister' he nodded and said 'that's fine but right now, I'm going back to sleep before our demanding 4 year old wants breakfast' I laughed and then pecked his lips before cuddling into his chest and falling asleep.

It wasn't long until we were being woken up by Ally, she was crawling over Jughead to try and get into the middle of us. I opened my eyes and said hi baby she smiled and said back hi mummy she laid down and I kissed the top of her head. Jughead soon stirred and smiled at the both of us, 'good morning' he whispered, I smiled and kissed his lips gently. He then pulled Ally closer to him and hugged her tightly, when he pulled away she signed hi dada he kissed the top of her head and he said back morning princess. She happily settled on his stomach and started playing with hotdog, Jugheads eyes were still closed but I smiled and raised my hand up to brush the fallen curl from his face. He broke out in a smile and then said 'we should get up' I frowned and said '10 more minutes, please?' He smirked and then opened his eyes rolling them in the process 'fine, but if were late it's your fault' I giggled and then settled into his side 'I'll blame it on baby brain, no ones going to question the pregnant women' he laughed and 'I'll say. you've blamed numerous things on the fact your pregnant, when I think your really trying to get out of doing them...' I smiled and then laughed, Jugheads grin growing bigger 'see. I knew it' he said quietly. Ally then looked up at Jughead and said daddy, I'm hungry he smiled and ran a hand over her head come on then, let's get breakfast she smiled and then slid off the bed running back to her room. Jughead sat up and I said 'I'll meet you downstairs' he nodded and smiled but before getting up he planted a kiss on my nose and then lowered his head to my stomach and planting a kiss there to. He did this often and every time he did it made me fall in love with him all over again.

I watched as Jughead left the room and 5 minutes later I got up throwing on Jugheads jumper before walking downstairs to join them. I headed into the kitchen where Jughead was making himself and me some toast. Ally was happily sitting on her seat eating her fruit and cereal when I came downstairs and I said 'have you got her hearing aids?' Jughead frowned and said 'she doesn't want to put them in, they are quite red' I crouched next to her and smiled slightly before running my hand through her hair. Her head turned to me and she smiled, I kissed her cheek and then said no school today baby ally nodded and then said daddy go to work? I nodded and then ally said ally go to I laughed and said you want to come with us? She nodded and I looked at Jughead who was watching us, I smiled and then turned back to her okay, but grandpa is going to pick you up and take you for a walk. Promise? She nodded and then held out her pinkie to me, this was something new she learned and if we ever made a promise with her, we always had to pinky promise.

Me and jug sat down to eat our breakfast while ally moved into the lounge to play. When we were finished I took ally upstairs to get changed while Jughead cleared up from breakfast. She picked out a pair of leggings with her favourite jumper and I tied part of her hair back to keep it out of her face and when she was ready I knelt down next to her. She moved so she was leaning against me and then sat on my legs, I held her close and said are you okay baby? She nodded and said when will the baby come? I wrapped my arms around her and said in 5 months so in March ally nodded but I could tell something was still wrong what's wrong sweetheart, tell mummy she frowned some more and then said will daddy love the baby more than me? Because daddy's not my real daddy but will be the baby's real daddy I frowned and kissed her head no, he will not love the baby more than you. He will love the baby just as much as he loves you she smiled slightly and then said but daddy's not my real daddy I rubbed her back and then said no, he's not. But he really wants to be and to you he is, when your older we will explain it to you but always know that daddy loves you, you make him very happy baby she nodded and smiled back at me. I kissed her cheeks and then said let's go find him she nodded and waited for me to stand up before taking my hand and walking downstairs.