Part 2

Warning: Trigger Warning. Part 2 

She laughs. It isn’t the adorable and the melodious laugh that I’ve grown to love. It is a mocking laugh, a fake laugh. The type of laugh that those bimbos at high school would use when they’re teasing someone. 

“Oh Camila,” She starts, still laughing. I stand there with my eyes wide open, waiting for her to continue. “If only I was in love with you.” The green-eyed beauty states boldly as she put her left arm around her lover who is standing right beside her.

“You’re just too stupid to think I was. But let me make something clear for you,” Lauren pauses before continuing her sentence. “I. Was. Never. In. Love. With. You.” She is sure that she makes it clear to me. I can feel my heart drop to the ground and I can hear it shattering into pieces.

“I did it for our group’s sake only. Or at least, my sake.” She continues and chuckles as she lets her left arm fall from her lover’s shoulder and walks towards me. “Everyone was crazy about Camren. Everyone believed in it. And people think I’m the arrogant and the bitchy one in the group so why not make Camren happen to stop their hatred for me.” She explains to me with ease and confidence in her voice, and it is as if the walls are closing in on me. Breathing starts to become a struggle for me as I gasp for air. I can’t help the tears that escaped from my eyes as I blink.

“You seemed to be so oblivious about my plan. Thank God it worked. It’s not surprising anyways. You’re a hopeless romantic who is crazy in love with me.” She continues and right now I just wished she would stop. She is walking towards me and backs me up against the wall. I place my hand on the left part of my chest because I can feel my heart aching.

“Stop.” I manage to say after finding my voice. My voice is weak, defeat is evident in my voice and I hate that.

“What’s the matter Camz? You can’t handle the truth?” Lauren teases and chuckles before turning around and walking towards her awaiting lover.

“Poor you. To think that I would actually fall in love with you is just stupid. But thanks though, I couldn’t have done it without you. At least you’re useful in something.” She says, not even looking at me. But I am thankful that she isn’t looking at me, because I don’t want to see her eyes that are full of hatred now instead of love. She wraps her arms around her lover’s neck and her lover places each of his hands on the sides of her waist.  

Luis chuckles with a cocky grin on his face before saying, “Camila darling, she was never yours to start with. She’s mine. Always will be. She never loved you. She only loves me.”  I am breathless. I just want to die at this moment. I try to speak but the lump in my throat is stopping me.

“Right Laur?” Luis asks, even though he knows what Lauren’s answer is going to be, just to rub it in my face.  

“You know it baby. I love you so much.” Lauren replies and my knees went weak. Lauren always has the effect of making my knees weak just by looking like her perfect self. It was the good kind of weak. But now, it isn’t. It is the bad kind of weak.  It is one of my biggest fears. To find out that Lauren is in love with Luis. I always thought that Lauren would come back to me even before she gets the chance to fall in love with Luis.  The couple seals their conversation with a kiss on the lips and I am speechless.  I am helpless.  

“No, this can’t be happening. No.” I say to myself. All I can do is stare at the couple with my eyes wide open. My legs can’t hold me up anymore so I fall to the ground, not caring if I scrape my knees in the process because the pain is not comparable to the pain I’m feeling right now as I watch them kiss. I want to look away but I can’t.