Ten

Finale.

"Remember in first grade?" she asks, chuckling. "It was our examination day and I dropped my pencil to make you picked it up"

Yeah, I remember that! After I picked her stupid pencil she passed my unfinished test paper in return.

"I changed your answers. Most of it was wrong and I had to do something or you will fail."

''....."

"In second grade, I would always ask you if you have done our assignments and I would take your notebook making it look like I want to copy yours but in reality I would always correct your answers. So, whenever you have to answer in front of the class you would get it right."

We are still seating on the swing. Lisa, with a small smile on her lips while looking ahead in front of us. I, on the other hand was intently listening to her.

Remembering the times she would always ask to "copy" my assignments.

"There was this time in third grade. I heard you talking to your friend, telling her you don't have a lunch and so I sneak some of mine into your bag while you were taking my towel."

"P.e. time, in gym. I know that." I said.

She was startled for a few seconds but composed herself immediately.

Clearing her throat she say "Uhm, you knew? How? I... I y'know. Whatever."

I caught her. She was putting something in  my bag when I was about to go back after I have picked her towel. After that I had a crush on her ever since.

"One time in fifth grade you didn't go to school for three days, I was worried but of course I didn't tell you that. Instead the next day you showed up I acted like I needed to copy your notes so I bother you until you hand me your notebook and I returned it with the whole lectures you've missed."

"So, that's why my notebook was filled with a lecture written by unknown but familiar hand writing." I mused, "wait, but you always borrowed my notebook even if I wrote the lectures...?"

"I doodled at the back. I draw, wrote a short poem or anything really just so I can talk to you."

"Oh." I blushed at that.

"In eight grade-"

"I'm guessing, you were the one who finished my math project?" I cut her.

She just nodded.

"And you were also the one who proofed read my research paper in reading and writing in tenth grade?" I continue.

She again just nodded.

"But why? Why did you do all of that?"

She move her body and now she's facing me. Looking at me straight in the eyes and said.

"Because Jennie I liked you, I liked you so much. I did all of those because I wanted you to notice me. I wanted you to be my friend, I wanted to impressed you and I wanted you to like me too."

Silence. I don't know what to do after that.

Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban, our high school class valedictorian. Limario, my monkey looking elementary classmate. Lisa, the one person who I noticed was with me ever since. Lili, the only person I have liked in my whole life.

She just confessed to me that she liked me.

Wait, liked? Past tense? So, she doesn't like me anymore?

She sighs. Turning her head in front. Still holding my hand. She squeezed it.

"I liked you so much, that when I didn't get to ask you to go to the prom with me I was mad at myself. Then you said you were going with V. With my best friend, Jen. And I was so devastated that time."

"Lisa, I only said that because you were implying that I will not go and that nobody would want to ask me."

I continued.

"And are you jealous by Tae that's why you are always so rude to him when he's approaching me? And am I the reason why you guys grow apart?"

"Of course I was jealous! I like you so much, he was my best friend, he supposed to know that I like you and support me because as I said we're best friends. And no Jen, it's not because of you that we grew apart, I distanced myself with him because I couldn't take it you know? The girl that I like and the person I consider my best friend are dating, it hurts."

What?! Me and Taehyung dating?! The fuck??

"Wait Lisa, Tae and I are not dating! Where did you even heard that horrible news?!" I asked perplexed.

She wasn't listening to me and still talking by herself.

"That was also the reason I stop doing things for you. I mean I knew you like him ever since when we were in elementary. And I figured I already lost, lost to the game that I was the only one who's in."

"Lisa, no! I don't like him like that! And what are you saying ever since in elementary?? I LIKE YOU IN ELEMENTARY AND NOW IN HIGH SCHOOL!" I yelled.

"I'm happy for both of you Jen, I really am. I would tell this to Chaeyoung since she was-" she finally stopped talking.

I was glaring at her.

"Wh.. what?"

With a sigh, I told her.

"Lisa, Tae and I are not dating nor we did date ever. You're so dumb for such a valedictorian, you know?" I chuckled.

She was just looking at me.

"Taehyung or V, is my second cousin. I didn't even know why you didn't know about it and I only find out right now. If you're referring with me being flushed every time that he approaches us, it's because he knew I like you. I was always scared that he will tease me in front of you."

She was just still looking at me. Then she blinked. Many times.

"So, you like me?"

"I liked you before."

"Oh, you didn't... you don't like me anymore?"

"No, not anymore because Lisa, I already love you. Ever since you tickled me in Jisoo's couch." I told her looking at her bright doe eyes with a gummy smile on my lips while holding both of her hand.

Along the way our conversation we suddenly ended up standing in front of the others and no longer sitting on the swing.

She didn't say anything. She leaned down on me and whispered.

"I love you too, Jennie. So much."

The sincerity and love that shown in her eyes was enough for me to leaned forward and taker her lips.

Every thing is almost perfect only if no one interrupted us.

"Yo, Jenlisa! Stop smooching and get in the car! We're going to have a drink!" We can hear Chu's voice from afar in the window car.

"Lisa! Let Jennie's booty go and c'mon." Chaeyoung yelled and followed by V's voice.

"Jenjen, stop groping a feel of M's abs you can do that after the celebration!"

We can hear them laughing.

"They are pain in the ass aren't they?" She asks.

"Uh huh, and pain in our asses. Let's go Lili."

Walking hand in hand to our friends.

She whispered.

"Nini, is that Jungkook?"

"Yep, now shush and tell me you love me before we got in to the car." I demanded

Laughing, "I love you my fiery cat eyed princess." She said kissing my temple.

"And I love you my dorky monkey baby." I squeezed her hand.

-AND THAT'S ALL OF IT! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING TO PATIENT TO THIS SHORT STORY! I AM ACTUALLY WORKING ON THE NEXT BOOK. IT'S CALLED BUTTERFLY!!