One

First grade.

"Hey kitten, can you pick up my pencil?" I asked, pointing at the pen with my lips besides her bag on the ground.

We are having our test today. I may or may not have intentionally dropped my pencil.

She looked up from her paper, looked down at my pen then glared at me. It annoys her every time I call her kitten.

"Don't call me that. You go pick up your pen, I wasn't the one who dropped it, was I?" She replied with such sassiness. With a huff, she go back answering her paper.

She's cute but rude. And I don't care, annoying her is fun. I was already done with my paper, so I don't have anything to do.

"C'mon kitten, be nice. Now, go and pick up my pencil."

"I told you don't call me that, my name-"

"Is Jennifer Ruby Jane Kimberly, I know-"

"It's Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, you monkey." She interrupted with an eye roll.

Cute. But no.

"I can't call you kitten but you can call me monkey? Unfair." I said fake pouting at her.

She once glared at me again and I stifled a giggle. She was about to go back answering her paper when I lightly kick her shin.

"What?!"

"Go pick up my pencil, we're running out of time."

"I told you, I'm not gonna pi-"

"Shhh, just do it."

She grumbled and bend down to look for my pen.

"Stupid monkey and her stupid pencil."

"Okay class, pass all your papers in front!" Our teacher said. Indicating the test is done.

"Wait! I haven't finished mine yet!" Jennie cried out and was looking for her paper.

"Oops, I passed it already." I said sheepishly with a grin.

She angrily pulled my left ear saying,

"You stupid monkey, if I fail it's your fault."

I yelped in pain but then giggled because hey she's kinda cute when she's angry.