~Their Life~

Mumbai is a dream city and it's  home to many people. Even when people are disheartened, disturbed and sad, this city tends to fill them with zest and enthusiasm. Such is the story of Ruhana Malhotra. She's a lady in her early thirties, who lives with her five years old daughter, Bulbul Malhotra.They are happy with each other, though, Ruhana has a grief in her heart and her daughter is unable to understand her. Though, for the little girl, her mom is her world. Ruhana works in an MNC , and takes care of Bulbul as well. Bulbul is now five years old and naughty.

It's a fine day, it's a Sunday Morning. Ruhana wakes up on her usual time, and finds Bulbul sleeping while snuggling closer to her. She has her head placed on her arm,while her hand is wrapped around her mother's waist. Ruhana smiles as she adores her little one. She is a true replica of her father. Ruhana places her head on the bedrest, and her eyes fall on a picture, their family picture which is placed on the platform of the bedrest. She picks it up and smears her husband's picture.

 She picks it up and smears her husband's picture

"You broke your promise ,Vineet. Tumne vada Kiya tha ki hamesha mera sath doge, lekin Tumne vada tod diya. Dekho kitni akeli pad gayi hoon main." She says to herself, and tears escape her eyes.

That's true. She cannot cry, she cannot scream out her pain. Because she can't let herself weak in front of her daughter. She has to stay strong for Bulbul. And so she cried in silence.

Her husband, Vineet Malhotra, was the senior official of CBI. He loved his job and family equally. They were happy and were blessed with a little angel. But destiny has it's own plan. Unfortunately, during a case , while catching the culprit, he was shot near his heart. Though, the culprit was caught, Vineet could not survive, and left Ruhana alone with her daughter. It's been three years since then. Now that Bulbul is grown up, Ruhana is smiling again.

Her trance is broken and she looks at her daughter. It's bulbul, who stirred in her sleep. She  kisses her head softly, while smearing her hair. She then frees herself from her grip and moves  to freshen up. After freshening up, she moves to prepare tea for herself and did her daily chores. Meanwhile, she heard her daughter calling her. She rushes inside the room. She finds Bulbul lying on the bed, her eyes still closed.

"Mumma!! Aap aa gayi?" The little girl asks.

"Han ! Kya hai?" Ruhana asks.

Bulbul opens her eyes and glances at her mother.