"Are you in mood of sleeping?",the husky voice of Koustav never failed to lure Ria.

"No....just keep your phone aside. I want to talk.",she whined.

This time his chuckle reached her eyes. His dimple made her insides more tipsy." You found the black pen you were looking for?",her question earned a nod from him.

"Were you writing something?"

"Yes. Something important.",Koustav was cautious not to spill anything. He knew Ria was quite clever to catch whole scenario from a few words.

" What was it? So important!",her mind started to shake as the feeling of his leaving her, clouded inside.

"Some applications on behalf of Baba. You thought of something crazy again!",her shallow breathing and tensed face described Koustav about her fears.

"Only Baba. Not sure any love letters!",She tried to tackle the tension.

Koustav's face remained same. No emotions at all.

"Only one regret I'll have in my mind",Ria told going close to him. When Koustav arched his eyebrows,she smiled and added," I never got any love letters. I used to crave for it. I seriously have read others. And there is no further chance as I had an arranged marriage. Or is there any?"

Koustav's mind started to get back to starting of his earlier relationship. How she loved hand-written letters. She used to keep them somewhere safely.
" What do you keep in here?",Koustav asked while looking in her file.

"Just find my prescription. Don't poke your nose in my personal stuffs.",Nikita jabbed. " You still have kept these letters. What is so personal about it? I wrote these for you. ",Koustav had answered caressing her shoulder. " You will never know. These mean a lot to me. Don't forget that I don't have a family. These letters mark that you loved me from the beginning, when I was nothing. I felt special with each of your letters. It gave me hope that someone loves me.....I can expect love and care from my this new found family.",Nikita shook his head.

With a head jerk, Koustav came back to present

With a head jerk, Koustav came back to present. He could not believe that he was lost in her memories.Not directly answering it he asked," What is so special about it? In this generation of sms?"

Ria gave a faint smile saying," You will never know. It is just my thought that...", Finding the abrupt similarity, Koustav stopped her with a kiss. "Happy Birthday Ria. Love you.", Ria got no chance of thanking him as he instantaneously had engulfed her into a panda hug. She could only hear his racing heart. One moment she was surprised, the next moment she was on the next step of happiness.

Koustav released her when Titli's videocall came. He went outside for a smoke.  It was too much memory marathon for him. With the knock on the door, he hurriedly rubbed the butt of the cigarette and threw it away. Tuhin was in front of him. Abir and Soma were behind too. They came in and wished her. Though the bigger piece now reached Ria's plate, Koustav was happy. Her laugh echoed the whole house. As others left, she was about to tear the gift wraps.