chapter XVIII ༄

Start from the beginning

Julia sighed, thinking. Slughorn's party started at 5pm and it is most likely going to last one hour.

"Fine." the girl nodded. "But only after dinner."

Longbottom's face lightened up, and his smirk was bigger than ever. "Meet me after 6 at the Gryffindor entrance, then?"

"Sure. I'll meet you there."

~

Julia put on her long, vintage pants along with a white turtleneck blouse. It was a private party after all, and she wanted to look somewhat classy. She reached her hand out to grab the hairbrush, accidentally knocking off two books. She bent down, sighing. Suddenly, she felt her pants torn. Her eyes widened as she rushed to the mirror to check on herself. And there it was. A big hole in her pants.

"Woah! What did you do?" a Ravenclaw girl by the name of Abby came in the room.

"I ripped my pants." Julia sighed in defeat. "Great."

"Were you going somewhere?"

"Yes." Julia groaned, throwing herself on the bed.

"Do you have anything else? Like a dress or..?"

"I have a dress, but it is way to short."

"You could borrow a dress of mine, if you'd like. Just to warn you, it's also not the longest. But it's almost knee length, so I hope that'll do."

"Are you sure? I don't want to-"

"Yesss I'm sure! Now go dress up." Abby gave her the dress.

They exchanged smiles. Julia put on the dress, her long legs being exposed. She thanked Abby for the dress, heading towards Slughorn's office.

She entered the room, where she found Slughorn and four other students, including Tom. Slughorn greeted her, telling the girl to sit down.

She sat down beside Tom, looking around the room. Her eyes met with Lestrange's, both exchanging smiles, meanwhile Avery and Rosier were giving the girl death glares.

There was a slight tension in the room. Julia could see Tom looking at her, meanwhile Slughorn and the others were chatting.

"What are you staring at?" she whispered, not looking at the boy.

"You." he whispered back.

"So stop doing that."

"Does it bother you?" he cocked an eyebrow. "Are you angry?"

"For what?"

"Are you seriously going to ignore what happened last night?"

"Are you seriously going to pretend like you care?"

There was silence again. Julia could see Tom from the corner of her eyes, still staring at her.

"Do you mind?" she asked.

"I can't help it." his voice was raspy, and a hint of seriousness melted in it.

Slughorn sat up, walking towards one of his cabinets. He opened it, looking around afterwards.

"Oh, no. Where is it?" he asked himself, still looking around.

"Do you need help with something, professor?" Julia turned to face the man, avoiding Tom.

"Ah, yes, Julia. Please, could you get a pack of tea? It's most likely in one of those cabinets." he pointed at the other end of the room.

"Of course." she sat up, walking towards the cabinets.

"I'll help her." Tom followed her actions.

Julia opened one of the cabinets, searching for the pack of tea. Tom joined her, but he didn't search for anything. He just stood beside her, his arms crossed.

"Are you not angry with me?"

Julia scoffed in disbelief. "Seriously, Riddle. You dare ask me if i'm still mad about yesterday, when it is clear that I am?!"

"Then why did you come here?" he stepped closer. "You said you wouldn't. What changed your mind?"

"Would you mind your own business and behave?"

"I am. It was just a simple question." he leaned against a cabinet.

Julia looked at the cabinet he was leaning on, crossing her arms. "I would like to open that, if you don't mind."

"Go ahead." Tom smirked, not stepping away.

"Seriously, Tom? What is wrong with you today?" Julia groaned.

"You said I rather behave. How could I possibly do such thing when you're near me?"

He stepped closer, cornering her against the cabinets. "It's impossible." he whispered.

She slowly pushed him away, taking the pack of tea out of the cabinet. As she went back to the table, she looked at the clock hanging on the wall. She quickly placed the pack of tea on the table, heading towards the door.

"Ah, Miss. Wallis, you're already leaving?" Slughorn raised both of his eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes, sir. I have another meeting I have to attend, and I don't want to be late." she said, holding onto the door handle. "But thank you for the invitation."

She looked at Tom one last time before leaving. He had this expression on his face that Julia has never seen before. It was a mixture of curiosity and.. fury?

She brushed it off, heading towards the Gryffindor common room.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Y'all I have no idea why the gifs aren't working anymore. Anyway, thank you so much for 7k reads!

🖤 Stay safe and stay home!