Something was wrong.

She quickly folded the map into her pocket, took the blaster clipped to her belt, and raised it in front of her.

The scanner beside the entrance door was broken. Aeryn continued observing the place and that was when she saw a huge hole in the wall.

An explosion took place there. The hole led to a dark room and Aeryn observed it, trying to sort everything out.

Then it hit her.

"The child. Someone else wants the child." she muttered and without hesitation, entered the dark place.

She quickly made her way inside the facility, taking every turn she sees. There were several bodies of stormtroopers lying in the ground, lifeless. The halls were silent. Whoever this intruder was, she knew that it was skilled.

Aeryn slowly placed her blaster down and closed her eyes. She listened.

Faint footsteps can be heard at least, by her. She followed the faint noises she could hear, carefully making her way through the halls with her eyes closed and her blaster by her side.

The noise became louder and were followed by the sound of several footsteps running. Firing blasters were what she heard next. She, then, made one turn.

Then it stopped.

Aeryn quickly opened her eyes and pointed the blaster at the person in front of her. Her body was stiff as she looked at the armored man pointing his blaster at her as well.

The man's face was covered by a helmet made of beskar steel as the rest of his armor was made of. If the stories were true, this man in front of her is a Mandalorian.

Whoever was underneath it was someone tall with a strong built. To Aeryn, it seemed like a real warrior.

Mando, on the other hand, stared at the woman standing in front of him. He was observing her every move, judging if she was an enemy or someone who would help him in this situation.

She looked like a regular bounty hunter in his eyes; buttoned maroon top with its long sleeves folded up to her forearms, a belt where there was another blaster clipped onto the left side of her black pants, and black boots that seemed to hide some knives in it.

She seemed dangerous but something inside him was telling him she wasn't. Something about her deep, violet eyes made him feel like there was a hole in his chest.

Somehow, it felt awfully familiar.

Aeryn, then, noticed the child clung into the Mandalorian's arms. Her eyes widened in shock and she was certain that it was the child Maz was talking about. The child that will help her find Din.

"It's a one-of-a-kind creature and trust me, you don't always encounter one but you will find it." she remembered Maz's words.

Suddenly, two stormtroopers were behind the Mandalorian and Aeryn quickly shifted the direction of her blaster from him to the pair of stormtroopers.

Without hesitation, she pulled the trigger and shot both of them.

Aeryn let out a sharp sigh and placed her blaster down. She turned her attention to the Mandalorian in front of her.

"I'm here to protect the child. Don't trust me if you don't want to but I'm not lying." she stated and turned around to look behind her. "Seems like we're all clear here."

Mando was skeptical at first but looking down at the child safely resting in his arms, he decided to put his blaster down.

If this girl was to really protect the child, it would be helpful especially in their current situation.

"I know the way out. Follow me." Mando ordered and he started walking to the direction of where he met the client. He knows that the exit is there.

Aeryn followed him, cautious of her own surroundings.

They entered another room that was spacious and was quickly heading towards another door when they were stopped.

"Freeze!" a voice of a stormtrooper called out.

"Don't move!" another one added.

The two of them stopped on their tracks. There were several stormtroopers coming out from every direction that they could run to.

"Hand's up!"

"Drop your blasters."

"They're everywhere." Aeryn mumbled under her breath. As much as she didn't want to admit it, they were outnumbered.

"I have a plan. Trust me." Mando whispered back at her.

Aeryn's eyebrows furrowed. What kind of miracle could he do in a situation such as this?

"Just follow my lead." he added, Aeryn nodded.

"Wait." Mando suddenly called out to the stormtroopers. "What I'm holding is very valuable. Here..." Mando slowly placed his blaster and the child on the ground.

Aeryn reluctanlty followed.

"Now turn and face me." a stormtrooper demanded.

Aeryn observed Mando as she waited on whatever plan it is that he said he has.

Mando, on the other hand, slowly activated the whistling birds.

Aeryn was unsure of what just happened as stormtroopers started to fall onto the ground one by one.

"What was that?" Aeryn asked in confusion.

"Whistling birds." Mando answered as they both picked up their blasters and him, the child.

They were both on their feet and were on their way to the exit when Mando suddenly stopped.

"Can I really trust you with the child?" he asked, facing Aeryn who stood right beside him.

"I will protect this child with my life." Aeryn answered, looking straight right into where she thinks the eyes of the Mandalorian were.

"Good. It'll be safer with you." Mando handed her the child which was not what she expected but still, she carefully took the child into her arms.

The two of them exited the building and the gloomy aura of the place greeted them, once again.

Aeryn felt odd about the place. Somehow, it seemed more dangerous now than how it was earlier when she was just alone. Something was wrong and she was sure of it.

"Something's wrong." she told Mando as they both walked through the town streets.

"I know." Mando replied, continuing to walk. He, too, can feel the odd sensation the streets are giving off.

The fact that there were very few people watching them as they pass by adds more to that thought.

All of a sudden, there were numerous dangerous-looking people looming in every corner as they reached the main street. Mando stopped on his tracks and Aeryn did the same. She tightened her grip on the child in her left arm and prepared her blaster in her right hand.

Greef Karga, then, appeared before all of the familiar bounty hunters in front of them. They were blocking their only way out.

"No matter what happens, protect the child." Mando ordered Aeryn, keeping his head towards where Greef Karga stood.

"I already planned to." she replied.

If anything was to happen, Aeryn knew it was not something good.