40

Moriarty

"Christmas!" Jim exclaimed as he dropped the shopping bags on the table theatrically.

"Christmas..." Sherlock replied questioningly.

"Do you know what Christmas is?"

Sherlock's eyebrows knitted together into a thin line, "Yes?"

"Oh my God, Sherlock. Don't look so worried!" Jim flopped down onto John's chair, "What are we doing?"

"We're sat opposite each other having a conversation..."

Jim rolled his eyes, "I mean, what are we doing for Christmas?"

"Oh, I don't know. John usually organised that."

"Speaking of John, how is he?"

Sherlock looked down at his hands in his lap. Jim realised whose seat he was sat in and moved so that he was perched on the end.

"I am so sorry, Sherlock. I forgot... I-I'm..." Moriarty stuttered uncomfortably.

"It's fine." Holmes replied unconvincingly.

With that, Jim jumped up off the seat like a spring, "Let's go shopping."

"You just got back from shopping."

"Doesn't mean we can't go again."

Sherlock was now stood up too.

The slightly taller man looked down at his husband and asked, "What would we buy?"

"Stuff for Christmas." Replied Jim quickly.

"What kind of stuff?"

"Decorations."

"Why would we need Christmas decorations?"

"To be festive."

Sherlock was now asking quick fire questions, "Why do we need to be festive?"

"Because it's almost Christmas." Jim answered, equally as quick.

The detective had run out of questions and added a simple, "Oh."

"Oh?"

"Oh."

Jim, who had nothing left to say, grabbed his husbands hand and led him towards the door.

"Christmas shopping?" He asked softly.

"Christmas shopping." Sherlock replied.

~

Sherlock

As Sherlock and Jim walked down the row of shops, they could hear a muffled mixture of various carol singers. A giant, tinsel-covered Christmas tree stretched high above the buildings and into the grey, cloudless sky. The streets were filled with children staring into the toy shop windows and their parents frantically dragging them along behind them.

As they walked through the street, the men received mixed reactions. What amazed Sherlock was that the children who saw the men holding hands smiled at them but the adults, who also saw the hand holding men, tutted angrily - some even muttered unrepeatable things at them.

Children were a lot more accepting, Sherlock noticed.

Sherlock stopped for a moment to admire the view. He wanted to take a picture but no image could capture the view he was seeing. He wanted to bottle his emotions but he couldn't. That would be impossible. You can't bottle emotions.

Sherlock felt Jim's cold hand in his lightly tugging him towards a brightly lit shop. As they walked through the air conditioned doors, they were immediately hit by another Christmas song followed by a wave of shoppers.

The men held one another's hands tightly as they began their Christmas shopping.

~

Moriarty

Sherlock led on the sofa reading a book whilst Jim started organising their newly bought decorations.

- To put on the tree.
- To put on the walls.
- To put outside.

Jim sighed as he looked over to his lover. He coughed in a failed attempt to grab Sherlock's attention.

Rolling his eyes, Moriarty walked over to the man on the sofa. He stood over him for a while before grabbing the book quickly and holding it behind his back.

Sherlock stood up suddenly, "Hey!"

"No book until you help." Jim replied as Sherlock tried to reach the book behind his back.

Sherlock still desperately tried to get his book back. Moriarty held the book above his head childishly.

Looking up, Sherlock grabbed a corner of his book effortlessly. Jim sighed but refused to let go.

The men stood face to face, each with one arm above their heads. Sherlock bent down and kissed Jim softly, making him momentarily let go of the book. The detective took the opportunity to take back what was rightfully his.

Sherlock stepped back with the book in his hand, "Ha!"

Jim crossed his arms across his chest, "You. Decorations. Now."

Eventually, Sherlock gave in and put his book down whilst Jim put a Christmas CD into the CD player.

Then they began decorating.

~

Sherlock

Holmes stood back to admire the fully decorated tree. The flat was full of tinsel, holly and the pine needles which had recently fallen off the tree. Jim flicked the switch which turned on the lights and stepped back with Sherlock to marvel at the view.

The detective felt Jim's arms snake around his waist. Sherlock returned this by draping his arm over his husbands shoulder.

The men did this a lot. Small acts to show that they we're still there. That this wasn't a dream.

"Sherlock..." Jim whispered.

I don't want a lot for Christmas.

"Yes?"

There is just one thing I need.

Sherlock looked down into the smaller man's deep brown eyes as the CD played its last song.

I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree.

"I love you."

I just want you for my own, more than you could ever know.

Sherlock smiled, "I love you too."

Make my wish come true.

Holmes turned to Moriarty and cupped his face in his hands.

All I want for Christmas is you.

With that, Sherlock pulled Jim up onto his tiptoes and kissed him softly.

That was the thing about Jim, Sherlock could never get enough of him. He never got tired of kissing his lips. Each time they kissed was like the first time. Every time they touched, Sherlock felt a rush of excitement. Their hands fit together like a puzzle. Their lips slotted together like that was what they were created to do. Like that was their purpose. There was never a dull moment with Jim. He was obsessed with him whilst also being completely in love with him. He was so easy to fall in love with.

Jim Moriarty was something else...

And Sherlock loved it.

A/N

Wow. Sorry for not updating in so long but thank you for 14K reads. Christmas is in 4 days so I hope you all have a brilliant Christmas (if you celebrate it. If not have a brilliant day).

-A