19

Sherlock

The detective was sat at the table when he saw Jim walk out of the bedroom wearing the same clothes he wore when he was pretending to be Richard Brooke. This made Sherlock shiver slightly but he said nothing.

"Are you okay?" Sherlock finally asked after a long period of silence.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jim replied snappily.

"You just... You look nervous." Sherlock said looking at him in the eyes.

The criminals eyes looked sad. Like a puppy who knew he'd done something wrong. This made Sherlock worried.

Before either of them had a chance to react, there was a series of angry knocking at the door. Jim quickly got up and rushed over to the door as if he was expecting visitors.

He pulled the door open and stepped out of the way of the visitors. Two policemen walked in and Sherlock's eyes widened.

"Is that him?" One of the men asked Jim. He opened his mouth to reply but they didn't wait for his reply.

"Sherlock Holmes, I'm arresting you on suspicion of murder." The man continued the speech but Sherlock didn't listen. He was thinking about the man who was handcuffing his hands behind his back. What was going on?

Sherlock looked over at Jim who still stood over by the door. He was staring at the floor.

The man managed to grab Jim's attention. They didn't need words, they already knew what the other was thinking. The psychopath looked at the detective pleading for him to understand. But understand what exactly?

Then he mouthed one word that made the whole scenario make sense.

Sherlock stared at his lips. He couldn't hear anything. It was almost as if his head had been pushed underwater.

Jim Moriarty was the real killer.

Jim Moriarty made a mistake.