32

Sherlock

Husband.

The word echoed around Sherlock's head.

Sherlock wanted to tell Jim that Sebastian was lying to him but no words would come out. It was like his body refused to co-operate with him.

"Look!" Sebastian said offering the ring on his finger as evidence.

Sherlock couldn't believe what he was hearing. Surely Jim wouldn't believe this, would he?

"I don't understand." Jim whispered.

"You're the most dangerous criminal in the world and I'm your husband."

Sherlock still remained silent. To his horror, Jim began to nod along as if he understood.

No!

This was all wrong!

"Who's this?" Sebastian asked, smirking slightly at Sherlock.

"Oh... Just one of my students." Jim replied.

Sherlock looked down as if he was acknowledging his defeat.

"Jim," Sherlock whispered as if it pained him to say it, "Jim, he's lying."

Jim turned to him and said expressionlessly, "That's professor to you. Or better still, Mr Moriarty."

The detective gave up on trying to hide the pain on his face. He was broken. Jim was so close to kissing him. So close to remembering. So close yet so far. Now he was back to square one.

"Come on hon, let's go home. I have a lot to fill you in on." Sebastian was mocking Sherlock. Rubbing in his victory.

Moran smiled at him but his eyes were dead. Rid of any and all emotion.

"No... Don't-" Sherlock sighed.

"See you in class, Sherlock." Jim interrupted.

Sherlock could almost hear sadness in his voice. Jim's eyes had lost their shine. He'd lost his smile. He wasn't him.

As the men walked away, it was as if Sherlock's world came crashing down around him. He didn't know what to do anymore. He didn't want to do anything anymore. He suddenly felt every drop of rain on his skin. Every gust of wind through his hair. Every ounce of gravity pinning him to the earth.

He didn't want to feel any of it.

"Jim, wait..." Sherlock whispered, close to tears, "Wait!"

Jim turned his head to take one last look at him.

"Please don't leave me..."

Jim looked at him almost sympathetically before Moran dragged him away into the night.

~

Moriarty

Jim peered under the long, draping curtain. He couldn't help feeling like something was wrong.

He felt two arms wrap around his waist tightly. Too tightly.

"Come to bed." Seb whispered into Jim's ear.

"I'm gonna stay up for a bit if that's alright." Jim replied dropping the curtain quickly.

"Do you want me to stay up with you?"

"No. It's fine. Don't wait up."

As Sebastian slept, Jim felt uneasy. Sure, he remembered loving Sebastian but he wasn't sure he still did. He felt something knew for Sherlock. Something different.

No.

Forget about him.

Jim took a moment to replay his memories in his mind. He could remember every single life he took. Every single crime he'd committed. Why couldn't he remember recent memories? Why couldn't he remember him?

Forget forgetting, he needed to see him.

Jim grabbed his coat and ran out the door. He wanted to find him. He needed to.

He needed Sherlock.

A/N

Oh, would you look at that. Jimmy's going to find Sherly.

I knew they couldn't bare to stay apart for long... Well I should know, I wrote it.

What do you want to see happen next?

- A