-54-

S5

- Chapter 54 -
Retribution

- Chapter 54 -Retribution

I drive down a Manhattan street with my sister, Miranda, sitting passenger side following the GPS

I drive down a Manhattan street with my sister, Miranda, sitting passenger side following the GPS. I pull into the designated parking lot for people attending the high school graduation driving around until I find a spot in the packed lot.

Once I park we both get out and Miranda grabs the balloons, while I get the flowers we got for Cordelia. My little sister will officially be a high school graduate today and I couldn't be more proud.

With everything that's been going on lately I thought about what she said.. I started to think I wouldn't be able to see this, but I'm here.

As we walk I call my Dad and when he answers I ask, "Where are you guys at?" He tells me where him, my little brother, and my mother are waiting before I hang up.

"I can't believe Dad has been damn near living a lie," Miranda starts. I told her about our father's past because I felt like I needed to encase Apollo's Dad decides to come for him or even us. Since my Dad acts like he doesn't care or he's not scared..

"It's crazy," I sigh. "But it's not hard to believe considering he hid a child for 14 years. Lying and secrecy aren't new traits to our father."

"He gave me all this shit about not going to college, did the same to Cordelia, then you with not taking over his business... Made us feel like nothing because we didn't want to follow his path. Only to find out this man was a whole drug dealer and snitch. Acting like his shit don't stink and he's better than everybody when his success was built on lies and blood," Miranda rants.

She still doesn't have the best relationship with our father and I see why. Our father's a selfish man. If he can watch all his other family go to jail or get killed while he moves on with his life imagine what else he's capable of?

When my phone rings again I expect it to be my Dad again, but I look at the screen seeing it's Tru. I immediately ignore his call. It's been two weeks since he showed up at my house...