-15-

S1

- Chapter 15 -
Insight

- Chapter 15 -Insight

I sit in a photography studio in Manhattan for a cover photoshoot for a magazine

I sit in a photography studio in Manhattan for a cover photoshoot for a magazine. I was going to be on the cover of Cosmopolitanas as 2017's most eligible bachelorette. I was surprised they picked me out of all the famous women, but I guess I'm the only single one. That was laughable. Basically they were saying I was single and lonely despite being successful.

I get comfortable in the clear chair as they set up the camera for the videoed interview portion. I wasn't really in the mood to do this, but I had no choice seeing as I already signed up for it. My mind was in a completely different place. I was thinking about what happened last night. Today has just been a hot mess without me having an assistant since I fired Courtney and I needed to hire a new one ASAP.

"Alright, you ready?" The man asks with a friendly smile as I zone back in. I look around the room at some of the staff for the magazine then at Paloma and Rhea off to the side who did my makeup and styled me like always. I nod my head then he says, "Okay. What's your ideal first date?" Most of the questions would be a about dating and I wasn't in the mood to talk about that at all. They usually asked about sex as well, but I opted out of that. Some may say I'm a prude, but I didn't think that's something you talk about to be put in a magazine. Plus, I don't think I'm the right person to be discussing sex with. Apart from my status I hadn't had sex in two years...until the night before.

"Ideal first date would be–" I pause to think, "Dinner. Somewhere we can talk and get to know each other."

"What are some qualities you look for in a man?"

"My favorite qualities in a man are...Honesty." I stop then look down at my hands mumbling, "Even though I'm not honest my damn self. Um–" I clear my throat then look back up continuing, "Compassion, respect, drive, and a hard worker."

"How would you describe yourself in 3 words?"

"Smart, ambitious, bossy," I say the last one honestly making the man chuckle.