Chapter 21 - Second in Command

Start from the beginning

"You saves us all," I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Saved, and I did what any of you would have done."

"You managed to drag yourself off the floor while on the edge of death and shoot Antonio point blank in the neck. I would not be able to do that."

"Yes you would, you're the Cappo," he says and waves me off.

"I do not care what you say, I am still making you my second in command," I say and he gasps.

"What? No! I am not good enough for second in command," he says while blushing.

"Yes you are, Luca agrees with it so hush and get better so you can take the job," I say.

"That is too much Vin," he tries but I shut him up.

"I am your Cappo and my word is final," I say and he sighs and nods.

"Yes boss," he agrees.

"Good, now I have to call Alessandra I will be one moment," I say and step to the side so I can dial her number. Damian stands beside me as Emilio and Enzo talk with Gio quietly.

"Hey Vinny, you're in trouble," Alessandra says when she answers the phone.

"What happened?"

"My papà is planning to take you down because he thinks you are not strong enough. Everyone knows you are gay and they are questioning your authority," she says and I sigh.

"I am going to see Leonardo soon so we will make a plan together to hit your papà first. Are you able to come stay at the Romano mansion?"

"No, he is marrying me off to another man," she says sadly.

"Do not worry, I will get you out of there. Can I kill your papà?" I ask because I want to know if she will hate me for it.

"Yes, he is just as bad as Antonio," she says angrily.

"Okay, I will keep you updated. Talk soon," I say and she says goodbye and hangs up.

"Is she okay?" Damian asks me.

"She's being married to another man again and her papà is planning to take me down. I have to talk to Leonardo and think of a plan to get him first," I say and Damian nods.

"Will that mean you're in more danger?" He asks and wraps his arms around my waist.

"For a short while, but we will be prepared this time. We have Alessandra on the inside," I say and he nods, leaning in to kiss me slowly. This time it is more than a quick peck on the lips as I kiss him back gently. We pull apart and I notice Enzo glaring at me.

"What is wrong?" I ask but he looks away and ignores me. "Lorenzo what is wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong," he snaps before he leaves the room. Emilio looks just as confused as I am but I don't have time to follow after him.

"I will talk to him later. I am going to see Leonardo, watch Damian for me," I say to Emilio and Damian frowns.

"I don't need anyone to watch over me," he grumbles.