Chapter 6

ADAM'S POV:
I sat down in my literature classroom. I felt kinda lonely, since Kelsey wasn't by my side, where she always was. This was strange, because I've never felt like something was missing, like a missing piece to my puzzle. What was this called? This longing feeling, a missing piece, a deep, dark hole in the middle of me. I felt as if someone was sucking out my insides as I stopped daydreaming. "hello? what are we doing?" It was Kelsey. "Oh hey! I don't know really. I wasn't really paying attention." I said calmly. I took a deep breath. "Well, you're lots of help." Kelsey commented sarcastically, and gave me a friendly nudge. "Hey! At least I'm not late!" I gave her a stare. The friendly kind that wouldn't make you too self-conscious. "Shut up, you." Kelsey chuckled, as she pulled her huge sweater over her small hands. She wore this sort of spacey-grey that glittered in the sunlight on top of her almost-perfectly-square nails. I kicked her foot lightly, almost inviting her to play footsies with me. She kicked me back, but harder. I didn't want to hurt her, so again I kicked her lightly. She seemed to doze off as our teacher, Mrs. Dubose spoke deeply about the book we were reading in class. I stared at Kelsey, as she stared at the white board in the front of the room. I guess she must have knew I was admiring her, because she kicked me again. I immediately stopped and pretended to read the book.