VIII - Rock You

Everyone held their breath at the same time, making the sound of a faint vacuum.

But you didn't notice.

It pained you knowing how you were at the brunt of any attack, but even if you wanted to move back you couldn't. Your whole body was shaking and you felt adrenaline piercing through you. You just knew that any movement towards the kids behind you would end up with you running past them and towards the safety of your own home.

You'd leave them behind like dead meat.

As tempted as you were to just flee, you decided to play shield. After all - you were the one that had made Henry angriest last. If anyone deserved to suffer his wrath it was you.

A little stream separated your group from the Bower's gang. The water gurgling softly.

Henry stood right on the edge of the stream, about some five feet away from you. Victor, Patrick, and Belch formed a wall behind him.

He was still looking right at you. Into you.

Oh how you regretted leaving your house so soon after the fight.

The light blonde hair on Henry's head was slightly disheveled, as if he'd been running his hands through it constantly. Thin lips curved into a taunting smile that did not sit well with your stomach. The weird glint in his eyes didn't help. Usually his blue irises held a level of coldness to intimidate people, but now they held an emotion you couldn't quite put your finger on.

Like a hunger.

Your shaking increased and he noticed.

You were scared.

A low laugh left his lips.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?"

You cast your gaze down.

"Why do you look so scared?"

Ripples of water painted the stream beneath Henry's shoes. They stopped an inch away from yours.

The cuffs of his pant legs were wet from the spraying stream. You could see that.

Dry cotton hung around his legs. An imprint of a belt peeked through the material of his shirt. You could not see his face as he was taller than you, but his chest was level with your head. The sound of his heart thumping crazily echoed in your ears.

"I'm talking to you." He stated roughly. His breath ghosted over your being like a biting wind. You could feel goosebumps forming on your neck and your bare shoulders, your arms. Still you did not look at him or respond to him.

He moved his hands without warning.

You flinched, thinking his fists would pay you your own taste of a beating. But to your surprise there was no blow placed on you.

He placed a hand firmly on your chin, forcing your gaze upwards to meet his. His eyes still had the weird glint from before but there was also a gentleness in his look.

A warm feeling ran through you as Henry's other hand softly stroked your hair.

He leaned down a bit, face an inch from yours.

For a second you lost yourself in his bright blue eyes.

If he weren't such an ugly person on the inside maybe you would have noticed how attractive he was on the outside before.

The soft pinkness of his lips.

His porcelain skin.

He smiled at you.