“Father! Mother!” I jumped slightly in surprise as Lilly shouted out after her parents as soon as she had closed the door after us. Stepping to the side I watched as Snow bolted through the house with a loud bark leaving his muzzle. I shook my head and took a step so that I was standing slightly behind Lilly as footsteps were heard in the house as they neared us. My eyes widened as they landed on the elf that came running towards us and I jumped up as Lilly let out a squeal of excitement. “Eragon!” My widened even further if that was possible as Lilly threw herself at the elf and as the name fully sank in I knew that it wasn’t an elf standing with Lilly in his arms. It was a dragon rider.

“What is all the fuss about sweetheart?” I heard Silvia’s soft voice as behind the rider and Lilly. Leaning to the side slightly I saw Silvia standing with her hand holding a towel and an infant as her body was covered in a beautiful blue dress. “Mother! Jennifer needs help.” I mentally groaned but staid silent as Lilly let go of the dragon rider and grabbed a hold of her mother’s hand before she turned on her feet and started to walk towards me. I looked down on my feet and I could feel the exact moment that the rider and Lilly’s mother took in the state of my face because an angry growl was suddenly vibrating the house and echoing through the air. “Oh my poor child! What happened to you?” I gulped down to get some fluid down my now dry throat as soft hands cupped my face and forced me too look up into the kind brown eyes of Silvia, Lilly’s mother. I clenched my hands into tight fists and refused to answer her question as she started to gently push me towards what I assume was the kitchen.

Anger flashed through me as Lilly stated that it wasn’t her story to tell and that if I wouldn’t start explaining she would make it her story to tell. My mind flashed through all the injuries that she didn’t know about, to the injuries underneath my clothes. “Silvia, she has more sever injuries than the once on her face.” I flinched in surprise as the gentle male voice reached my ears and as I looked up I locked eyes with brown eyes filled with knowledge and I could feel my cheeks flame up with anger and embarrassment. “My family. That’s what happened.” I growled out before I pushed Silvia’s hands away from my neck and stood up, sending a glare to Lilly before I walked out of the kitchen. My hands clenched into tight fists as I moved to avoid toughing the rider, who stood by the doorframe and followed my movements with narrowed eyes.

Without a word I walked out of the house and towards the stables that belonged to Lilly and her family. Opening the big door I let it close behind me before I made my way to the horse that I rescued as a foal. Well in front of its box a genuine smile spread on my lips as I took in the black stallion. I smacked my lips to gain the stallion’s attention and as the big head looked up it neigh before trotting towards me, pressing its nose against my hand and instantly calming me down. I opened the box he was in and closed it behind me as I took up the brush lying in one of the wooden boxes on the floor and started to brush him down. “Hey Shadow, sorry for not visiting in a while. I’ve been out hunting for my family.” I apologized and petted his mane, completely focused on the stallion in front of me I failed to hear as the wooden door opened and closed slightly as someone entered. What did make me snap out of my chattering with Shadow was the slight growl coming from somewhere further inside the stable and I looked up into Shadows black eyes and nibbled my bottom lip before I pecked Shadow on the nose and threw the brush back in the proper container before I exit the horsebox. Looking around I took a deep breath before making my way towards the growling sound and as I rounded the corner at the back of the stable a gasp left my mouth before I felt my yaw go slack at the sight before me.

The blue dragon lying in front of a standing Eragon made the man look like a little infant as the gigantic dragon hovered above him. When my gasp reached the two they turned around, Eragon with a hand on his blue sword and the dragon looking at me with narrow eyes. The tension in the stable vanished as soon as Eragon laid his eyes on me and let go of the sword handle. “I am sorry for intruding my lord.” I rushed to get out before I turned on my heels, ready to rush out of the stable. I didn’t even had time to take a step before something warm and hard as steel wrapped around my waist and lifted me of my feet, making me squeal out in both fright and shock. My heart was beating loudly in my chest and my breath was coming out in short pants as I was placed back on the ground of the wooden stable. A strong hand gently grabbed a hold of my wrist and tugged me towards the dragon, as I was about to bold out again. Biting down on my bottom lip I slowly turned around, coming face to face with the dragon and his rider. “You are wounded child.” His soft voice washed over me, sending a wave of comfort and calmness over me and replacing all the tension I had in my body. But I quickly yanked my hand free from his grip as he called me child. “ I am no longer a child dragon rider, I may look young but I am eighteen.” I growled out. Anger flaring up inside me and helping me push away the pain pulsing from my ribs. I could see the slight surprise in Shadeslayers eyes before amusement filled them. “I am 214 years old so to me you are still a child, though your age tells me differently.” His voice held great power and years upon years of knowledge. A blush of embarrassment spread across my face and I quickly looked away from him, letting my brown hair fall down to cover the flush on my cheeks.

“Sorry rider.” I apologized and looked down on my bruised hands. My face turned scarlet as the sound of his chuckle reached my ears seconds before he place a hand on my shoulder, making me look up at him with my eyes slightly widened. “There is no need to apologize child.” I jumped up as a powerful and yet very female voice fill my mind and I looked around me in search of the voice. When my eyes landed on the blue dragon behind Eragon I could feel the blush that just eased away come back full force. “This is Saphira, and I am Eragon.” The rider said and I smiled up at him as he gave my shoulder a light squeeze before backing away from me, back to his majestic dragon. My brown eyes followed his movements and when he was seated on top of her front paw a small smile spread formed on my lips and I let my eyes trail over the incredibly beautiful animal in front of me. “I am honored to be in your presence. I am Jennifer.” I stated, my voice filled with amazement and pride as I got to gaze at the pair of them as they stood with such grace and beauty that it made my heart clench slightly. “Words don’t do you any justice Saphira.” I found myself saying and I could feel the panic that had filled me right after the words left my mouth ease away as a grin spread across the riders face before it vanished and was replaced by a look of surprise. I looked at him as he turned his head towards Saphira as if looking for something before he nodded once and stood up from his seated position and made his way towards me. as a reflex I took a step back as he towered above me with at least a foot. He smiled down at me, holding out his hand for me to take it and as I placed my hand in his he gently tugged me towards his dragon. He stepped to the side and let go of my hand so that he could walk over to what I assume was a dragon saddle. My eyebrows frowned up in confusion as he kneeled down and with gentle hands took out a leather sack out and carried it back to where I was standing. Ushering me forward he sat back down on Saphira’s paw and held out the leather pack towards me urging me to take it. 

As I took the bag in my hand I could feel a shock going through me and that made the curiosity inside me spike up and before I knew it I hand opened the sack and was looking inside it. I could feel my mouth open up in shock as my brown eyes took in the big black rock with gold veins running through it. Looking up at Eragon I sent him a questioning look, nodding as he smiled at me and nodded in reply. My eyebrows frowned up and I decided to sit down on the wooden floor too ease the throbbing in my pounding rib as well as the aching of my sprained ankle. Taking a deep breath I took out the big rock out of the back, my eyes widening as I took in what I though was a rock. Because in my hand wasn’t a rock, it was an egg, more precisely it was a dragon egg. My hands traveled across the smooth surface and I brought it closer to my face to get a better look at the golden threats running through it. A squeak left me as the egg in my hand let out a loud crack. I looked up away from the egg to lock eyes with a wide looking Eragon before my attention was once again on the egg.

The egg was hatching for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first ever written story and I hope you'll like this!
if you like it please leave a vote and a comment!

Love RubyRed