CHAPTER 31: No

Lisa was getting ready for what would be one of the biggest moments of her life.

She wiped the sweat that was forming on the top of her forehead. Her breathing was getting a little harder, as she watched the clock hands move to quickly.

"You ready champ?" Jisoo pats her back, giving her a proud smile. Jennie right beside her as her eyes teared up, feeling incredibly excited for her two best friends.

Lisa swallows the lump in her throat, takes a deep breath before she shoots them a grin.

This was it.

This was the time she was going to ask the love of her life to be hers forever.

Chaeyoung walks in just as Jennie let's her flooding eyes water the rest of her face, Jisoo  comforting her.

"Eonnie, why are you crying??" Chaeyoung rushes towards the cat-eyed girl.

Jennie shakes her head and gives Chaeyoung the proudest smile she could muster.

"I'm not sad, I'm just so," Jennie wipes off her stray tears "..so happy that we're all happy you know?".

Chaeyoung smiles and giggles as she turns toward her date tonight. They were finally having the night off since their comeback as a group.

"Shall we?" Lisa extends her arm and Chaeyoung loops hers around it.

As they were leaving through the door, Jisoo holds onto Jennie like a proud dad, mouthing to her buddy "Go get her!".

Time skip

They were finishing up their steaks and salads, as dessert came to the table.

Lisa was getting nervous by the second as the time to propose was getting nearer.

"OHMYGOD YES!" A loud squeal was heard "YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES!"

The couple just a few tables away were stealing adoring glances from everyone else.

Goddamnit Lisa thought to herself. There's no way she was going to propose right after the Mr. Chandler Bing Bong lookalike.

"Aww," Chaeyoung coos "they look so happy."

"Yeah," mumbled Lisa as she gave a death glare to the waiter that was incoming with their champagne flutes.

He got her signal and walked back to behind the bar as Lisa excuses herself to go to the restroom.

She walks up to the bar and takes the ring out of the glass, wiping it down her blazer while sighing. Thinking of a different approach to ask Chaeyoung to marry her.

It wasn't as if it took Lisa months of planning this, making a reservation at this impossibly booked out restaurant weeks in advance or had champagne flown in from actual Champagne, France to carry out this extremely cliché proposal.

Okay, Manoban. We need a new game plan she mutters to herself as she makes her way back to the table.

After paying for the dinner, the couple decided to take a stroll by the Han River. It was always a special spot for them, remembering how they used to cycle down the stretch and go on picnic dates there.