Chapter 15: The Rescue

Jisoo's POV

Disturbing thoughts run through my mind as we contemplated whether to drive to Chaeyoung's house or not.

"...but what if she couldn't even make it past the door because he found out?," I snapped back to reality as I see Jennie pacing back and forth in the living room.

We need to go get her.

There isn't time for what ifs, because its better safe than sorry.

I won't let anything happen to Chaeyoung!

"Jen, let's go. We need to take something as precaution...," I searched around the kitchen.

"Don't tell me you're going to actually fight him if he did anything to her... Chu don't be reckless!," I heard her panic.

My hands moved from the cabinets and found a baseball bat we hid behind the counter for emergencies. I mean you never know.

"Got it-," I was cut off by a figure making its way into the kitchen.

"L-Lisa...," Jennie croaked. She shot me a look and I instantly knew Lisa probably smelt something's off.

"Lisa-ya, it's 3am, time for you to get some rest," I gave her a small smile, hoping she wouldn't catch on.

"Why did you keep this from me."

Lisa's POV

I watched as the unnies stare at each other.

Silence.

I knew it.

"How could you not tell me that he was hurting Chaeng?," feeling my eyes fall and my fists balled up.

Jisoo approached me and tried to rationalise, but all I could hear was my rage.

"I'm coming with you. We don't have time for this right now. If anyone is going to teach that asshole a lesson, it's going to be me," I said, sternly.

They nodded and we rushed to the garage.

I could see how anxious Jisoo was, her hands shaking while she tries to unlock the car.

In a spur of the moment, I snatched the keys from her and unlocked the car. Telling hem to hurry up and get in.

It normally would take about 20 minutes to get to Chae's, but tonight it took us 11 minutes. I ran every red light, and drove at least 30kms over the limit.

I didn't care whether there would be cops tailing is from behind, because all I could think about was making sure Chaeyoung is safe.

My heart racing as I abruptly stopped the car in front of her house, running out of it whilst grabbing the baseball bat from the backseat.

My fist balled up tightly until my knuckles turned white, about to knock down the door when I heard a scream.

It was Chaeyoung.

In that moment, I had lost all sense of control as I walked over to the window pane beside the door and smashed it with the bat.

I could hear Jisoo calling out for me as I stepped through the broken glass, in a hurried movement, I didn't realise a sharp shard still stuck on the side as my cheek brushed past it.

It was dark in the living room, as was the rest of the first floor.

My eyes constantly searching for my girl as I ran upstairs, slamming every door on the floor open.

By the time I reached the third door and slammed it open, I found her on the bed.

Her clothes were ripped and her face was full of scratches and her body was heavily bruised.

My heart ached at the sight of her.

The rage took over my body as my eyes darted to the figure behind the door, lurking and probably waiting to attack me.

I could see him from the gap between the door and the frame attached to it.

I signalled Chaeyoung to keep quiet, as I caught sight of the unnies quietly making their way up the stairs.

Shooting Jisoo a look, gesturing my finger to tell her I'm going in. I pulled my hand into a fist and pointed to my mouth and ear, hoping she'd understand what it means.

She nodded and I rushed into the room, as expected, the door closed after me.

Playing dumb, I walked on over to her bed, I could see rope burns on her wrists, they were still tied to her bed frame.

This fucking monster.

I inhaled a deep breathe before staring in his direction, preparing for the worst he could throw at me.

My hands reached up and stopped his inches away from my face, as if on instinct. Watching as the blade he had in this grasp glistened with the reflection of moonlight.

"Well, well. Look what we have here," he let out a psychotic laugh as he pushed me over making me release me grip on his wrist.

"Looks like a sad son of a bitch who's about to get his tiny flat ass kicked, oh wait it's just you," I jumped back up and smirked, my fingers wrapped tightly around the bat before I took a swing at him.

He ducked and when he stood back up my bat came flying the opposite direction, smacking his smug face with it.

I watched as the impact sent his face flying to the ground, a little blood on the tip of the bat when I brought it back up.

My right foot found a life of its own, it started kicking him in his gut for awhile, hearing him cough and wheeze.

My arms grabbing a hold of his shirt, and a rush of adrenaline pumped through my veins before pushing him lower into the floor, my fist punching his face over and over again.

"LISA STOP!," I heard Jennie yell as I felt arms around me, limiting my movement from behind. "... you're gonna kill him if you keep going. He's not worth it."

What if I actually want to?

Who the hell does he think he is treating her like that?

I grumbled and I got back up, turning around and seeing Chaeyoung pulled tight in a comforting embrace. Jisoo-unnie had freed her from the ropes. Jennie rushed in towards them to envelop Chaeyoung in a big hug.

"Okay, we need to get goin-," I interrupted them before I heard Chaeyoung scream.

"LALI!!!!!!," for a millisecond I saw her eyes in shock.

Then I blacked out.

________________________________

A/N

Thank you so much everyone for your support! 🥺

Sorry for the short chapter but it works with the upcoming ones!

Also, it was hard writing it. I could never imagine anyone treating anybody like this.

So please, if you are or you know someone who's going through domestic abuse, talk to someone about it or get help from the authorities!

I'm also here if you would ever want a listening ear 💕

Love you guys!