Anniversary - Luke

~ Request from brideofharrystyles :) ~

"You almost ready?" Luke murmured as he pressed a kiss to my neck, smiling against my skin. He was already dressed up for our date tonight, still just as beautiful as the day we first met. 

I glanced up from where I was doing the crossword puzzle in today's newspaper, unable to contain my own smile. Even after four years of marriage, he was still the most best thing that ever happened to me. 

"Almost," I said as I returned to my crossword, knowing how much it would annoy him. 

Suddenly Luke wrapped his arms around me and spun me away from the newspaper on the kitchen island, holding me close to his chest. "We've officially been together for seven years and you're just going to ignore me and do a crossword puzzle? I'm hurt, Emily."

"Seven years and you never give me a moment's rest," I teased. 

He rolled his eyes, adjusting his grip on me to shift even closer. "Oh c'mon, just admit that I'm the best husband ever and by far the sexiest man you've ever seen."

"Luke, I'm not gonna-"

"Please?" He stuck out his lower lip in a pout. "It's our anniversary, Em."

"Fine," I said, hiding a smile at how ridiculous he was being. "You're the best husband ever and by far the sexiest man I've ever seen."

"See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?" Luke flashed me a crooked grin as he moved to pick up the car keys, swinging them around his finger. "Especially because it's true."

I opened my mouth to poke fun at him, but I was interrupted by a set of arms flinging themselves around my legs. 

"Mommy, mommy, I'm hungry," Alanna whined as she bounced up and down next to her twin, Alicia. 

Alicia giggled as she threw herself at Luke, wrapping herself tightly around one of his long legs. She shrieked with joy when he pretend to try to kick her off.

I started to pull out a box of macaroni, knowing that was the only thing Calum could actually make for them for dinner, when the door flew open. 

"Alright, the best uncle is here, no need for pictures please," Calum said as he sauntered into the kitchen, giving me a wide smile. 

"Uncle Cal!" Alanna and Alicia both squealed, letting go of us to rush at Calum. 

He caught them both, sweeping them off their feet and whirling them around in the air. "We're going to have so much fun while your mom and dad go out for their anniversary," he said as he set them back down.

"Is Michael coming to help you?" I asked my best friend as I pulled him in for a hug. 

Calum held a hand to his chest. "You really think I can't handle two three year olds for a few hours?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Is Michael coming?"

He sighed. "Yes, Michael's coming. He got held up at work, but he'll be here soon."

"Good," I said as I picked up my purse, slinging it over my shoulder. "And Ashton's just across the street, so if you two need anything, please please go to him. He's the only one I actually trust with Alanna and Alicia."

Luke chuckled in agreement. "Too bad he's stuck at home to babysit his sister's dog, otherwise we would have asked him to watch the twins."

Calum scowled. "I get it, Ash is better with kids."

I grinned as we headed toward the door. "It's nothing personal, Cal. Remember that time I left them with you and when I came home, they were on the roof?"

He winced. "Yeah, I remember..."

"Goodbye, Cal, if you have any problems, call us or Ashton. No one goes on the roof," I added with a smirk, snickering at Calum's expression as I walked toward the  door Luke's holding open for me. 

*

"Are we almost there yet?" I asked, glancing back down at my phone in case Calum had sent me anything new since the last time I checked. 

Luke's hand shot out and set the phone down. "Emily, I'm sure the twins are fine. Alanna and Alicia won't die just because you left them with Calum and Michael for a few hours."

I sighed and tucked the phone underneath my leg so I didn't have to see it anymore. 

"Where are you even taking me?" I said with a smile, nudging his shoulder with mine. 

"It's a surprise," he said, giving me a crooked grin. Even after all these years, somehow he still always made me feel like the eighteen year old girl that had first fallen for his ocean blue eyes. 

When he finally brought the car to a stop, I frowned at the strange location. "The park?"

He just shrugged, lacing his fingers with mine as he lead me down the smooth pathway that looped through the trees. The fading sunlight glinted off his blond hair.

I gasped as we rounded the corner, coming to a spot where the trees gave way to a patch of grass reserved for the flower garden alongside the river that snaked through the park. A blanket was laid out over the stone pathway, a picnic dinner set up in the glimmer of the twinkling strings of lights strung over the garden. 

"You like it?" Luke asked nervously. 

I pulled him in for a long, deep kiss. "I love it," I murmured against his lips. "And I love you."

That eighteen year old girl that had fallen so madly in love with the tall blond boy who had caught her eye would have never imagined that, seven years later, this is where they would be. She would never have imagined that he'd be her best friend, her light in the dark, her true love. Her everything. 

And Luke Hemmings most certainly was all of those things to me.