Brother's Best Friend - Luke

I clapped as the band played the final chord of the song, the electric guitars ringing in my ears. I made my way toward backstage, where my brother and his band were coming off of the stage.

I threw my arms around Michael. "You guys were amazing!"

My brother hugged me back, adjusting the sound piece in his ear. "Thanks, little sis," he said, ruffling my hair. I scowled as I tried to fix it.

"Y/N!" a voice exclaimed. I turned to see Luke walking off the stage towards us, his electric guitar still slung around his neck. His blond hair is damp with sweat, his T-shirt sticking to his chest in places. "How'd you like the show?" he asked.

"It was great," I said, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. I normally told my brother everything, but Michael didn't know about me and his band's lead singer. There was not much to tell, but in the past two months since I'd joined them on tour, Luke had been super touchy - not always in a sexual way - and flirty with me. Never around Michael, though. Mikey would beat him into a pulp if he found out.

Calum knew though. And he smirked over at us as he set his bass down. I elbowed him in the ribs with a scowl.

Michael moved on to go take a shower since he was super sweaty, waving goodbye to us.

Luke slid over to me the second my brother was out of sight, close enough that I could feel that he was there without ever touching me. Ashton rolled his eyes as he ran a hand through his hair, passing his drum sticks to one of their managers.

"Do you want to learn how to play the guitar?" Luke asked in a low voice, holding out his guitar to me.

I took it. He and Michael made playing the guitar seem easy, jumping and running around while they played.

Luke moved to stand behind me and I inhaled sharply at how close he was. He placed his left hand over mine, moving my fingers around on the frets of the guitar. "Play a chord now," he murmured when he was satisfied with where my hand was. I strummed the strings and they blended together to make the chord. "You got it!" Luke praised with a smile.

I looked over my shoulder at him and his face was just an inch away from mine. He leaned in even closer, his lips ghosting over mine-

"What the fuck!" Michael yells and we jump apart, whirling to face him.

"Mike-" Luke started, but Michael cut him off.

"Get your hands off of my sister!" Mikey grabs the front of Luke's shirt and pushes him against the nearest wall, scaring away the staff running around. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Michael, stop it!" I tried to pull at my brother's arm, but he didn't budge. He didn't even act like I was there. "Let him go!"

Michael only tightened his grip on Luke, shoving him harder. The lead singer winced, but didn't complain. "Listen to me, Hemmings, you're going to stay away from Y/N, got it? Or I'll break your arm." I had never seen him this mad.

Calum rushed over, placing a hand on Michael's shoulder. "Hey, hey, let's talk this out, yeah? You don't really want to hurt him, Michael, and he doesn't really want to fight with you. Let's all calm down and-"

"Like hell I'm gonna calm down," Michael snapped, whirling on Cal now. "He's lucky if I don't punch him in the fucking face."

"Michael," Ashton said in a warning tone, walking over to us now.

Michael pursed his lips together, turning to glare at Luke again, who had remained silent and still throughout the entire conversation. 

"Stay away from her," Mikey repeated one more time in a low voice. He shoved Luke away from him, stalking backstage.