Paranoid - Luke

~Request from brideofharrystyles. Hope you like it!!~

I nervously bit my lip as I fiddled with the wedding ring on my left hand. I had been sitting in front of my computer for hours, trying to finish my work. But I couldn't seem to focus.

I cast a glance down at the barely noticeable bump of my stomach. Four weeks pregnant and I was finally starting to show.

What would happen when I was thirty weeks pregnant? When I wasn't as skinny or pretty as I had been before? Who was to stop Luke from leaving me then?

I tried to return to my work, but I couldn't seem to make my brain focus.

"Worrying again?"

I looked up at my coworker Michael. We had shared an office for over a year and although I originally couldn't stand him, he'd become one of my best friends. 

"No," I lied, but Michael could see through me.

"Jenny, c'mon, I know you," Mike said as he spins away from his computer. "I know when you're worried about something."

I pressed my lips together, but there was no use in denying it. He was right.

"What's on your mind?" Michael went on. "Still that irrational fear? Jen, Luke's not going to leave you. He loves you so much, more than you know. You're everything to him."

"What if it's still not enough?" I whispered. "What if I'm  not enough?"

"Well then it's his loss," Michael said softly. "Whatever happens, I'll always be here for you. That's what friends do, they got your back."

I managed a smile. "Thanks, Mikey."

"Anytime, Jen."

He returned to his work and I tried to do the same, but there was still that nagging feeling in the back of my mind. 

I knew that if the worst happened, I would have Michael to help me. But I didn't think I could go on without Luke. He was my other half, my anchor in the chaos of life. How was I supposed to ever live without him?

A knock came on the door and I picked my head up, surprise flitting across my face as I took in Luke leaning in the doorway of my office. 

"Luke!" I exclaimed, rushing forward to wrap my arms around him. "What are you doing here?"

He grinned as he smoothed a piece of hair from my face. "Figured you could use a lunch break," he said, holding up a takeout bag from our favorite fast food restaurant.

"Oh my god, yes!" I lunged for the bag, bringing it over to my desk.

Luke smiled to himself as he pulled over another chair to sit beside me as I laid out the food on my desk.

Michael exchanged a look with Luke as he got to his feet, gathering his coat. "I'm going to go out for lunch. See you later, Jenny," he called as he walked out. 

"So what inspired this?" I asked Luke as I sat down, anxiously running my hand over my stomach. Did he think I looked fat?

He frowned slightly, watching my movements. "Jen... you know I love you, right? No matter what. Always and forever."

I swallowed hard. There had to be a 'but' coming.

"Michael told me that you... you think that I'd leave you? Because you're pregnant?"

I cursed Michael out in my head. He and I were going to have words later. And he wasn't going to like a single one of them. No wonder the little bitch had left as soon as Luke showed up. 

Luke cupped my chin gently, making me look at him. "Baby, please don't think that. I'd never leave you. Not if someone paid me a million dollars."

That's when I started crying.

"Aww, don't cry," Luke said, pulling me close. "We'll get through this. Together."

"Together," I murmured into his chest, trying the word out. 

It didn't sound so bad.