four

Richie explains everything that happens at home. How his parents forget to feed him most days, how they hit him and scream. Donald was mortified. "You two boys go to sleep, tomorrow I will go down to the station and report them" Donald says and the two stand up and go to Stanley's bedroom.

Richie lays down on the bed and finally breaks. He starts crying and shaking uncontrollably, Stan, who was getting changed, sees this. "Hey, it's okay" Stan says sadly. He walks over to the bed and lays down next to Richie. Richie instantly puts his head on Stan's chest and Stan hugs him. "Rich, can I tell you something?" Stan quietly asks. Richie nods and Stan smiles. "I'm bisexual" Stan nervously says and Richie looks up at him. "That's okay, I support you" Richie says and Stan smiles.

Stan realises how much this boy means to him. Even when Richie is teasing him, or he's teasing Richie, it's all out of love. He loves Richies untamed curls, his goofy smile and his perfect freckles. He loves Richie.

He's in love with Richie.

"But theres something else" Stan says. "What is it?" Richie asks. "I'm in love with you" Stan says and he feels Richie freeze in his arms. Richie looks up at him, his glasses off because of how much he was crying. He looks beautiful. "You aren't joking?" Richie asks, voice barley above a whisper. "I would never joke about something like this" Stan says. "Stan, I'm in love with you too" Richie says and both boys just look at each other. Normally this would be awkward for anyone else, but it's not. Stan gently pulls Richie closer to his face and cups his cheeks. He pulls Richie down and kisses him. It's not lustfilled, it's pure love, it's soft.

They both pull away, cheeks flushed a bright pink. "Stan, will you be my boyfriend?" Richie asks. Stan nods and they kiss again. When they pull away this time Richie hugs Stan close. He is sat ontop of Stan. Stanley has his arms around Richies waist and Richie has his arms around Stanley's neck. "You mean the world to me, you always have" Richie mumbles. "You're perfect" Stan whispers and Richie smiles.

Both the boys go to sleep after that, they have a hell of a day ahead of them.

When they wake up, Stan is big spooning Richie. "We need to get up" Richie whispers. "I know" Stan says, he sounds upset. "What's wrong?" Richie asks and turns around. "I had a dream last night, about that summer" Stan mumbles and Richies expression softens. He wraps his arms around Stan so Stan's head is on his chest. "It's okay, we are safe" Richie mumbles and Stan nods. The boys stay like that for twenty minutes until Stan gets up and goes downstairs, Richie following.

"The police are coming in a couple hours to talk to Richie, and that kid who you're friends with wants to see you" Donald says. "Who?" Stan asks. "The little one who talks fast" Donald says and hands Stan and Richie a plate of toast. "Oh, Eddie, yeah when is he coming?" Richie asks. "Beverly Marsh said he was going to come around 10-ish, so 20 minutes" Donald says and the boys nod. They sit down at the table and eat.

"Do you want me there when we talk to the police?" Stan asks. Richie nods, obviously very nervous. "It will be okay, you know, you'll be able to stay with us and you'll be safe. Your parents will probably go to jail" Stan says and puts his hand over Richies. "Yeah, I know" Richie quietly says. Stan decides to not say anything else because he knows it won't help.

Once they finish eating, Eddie walks in. Both the boys are still in pyjamas, Stan in a black shirt and old sweatpants, Richie in one of Stans hoodies and boxers. "Hey.." Eddie says nervously.

"I'll let you two talk" Stan says and goes to sit with his dad. "I'm so sorry I said that, I only knew what my mother had told me and I didn't understand what happened. I really regret it and I hope you forgive me. I'm fine with it too, you're still my best friend" Eddie says. Richie smiles and says "Of course I forgive you. I knew what you said was Sonias words, it's okay, come here". Richie opens his arms and Eddie sits on his lap and hugs him. This was one of the reasons the other losers thought Richie and Eddie would get together, Eddie always sat on Richies lap and Richie always had his arms around Eddies shoulders. But they aren't getting together. And either way, Eddie likes someone else.

"I'll go home so you can talk to the police, see you soon" Eddie says and kisses Richies forehead like he usually does before walking to the door. He gives Stan a hug then leaves.

"Let's get changed before they come" Stan says and the two go upstairs to get ready.

The police talk to Richie for hours, once they left it's 5pm. Both boys are overwhelmed, Stan had been questioned too on wether or not he noticed any weird things with Richie, wether his weight, attitude or bruises. Once they're alone, Donald leaves to go get pizza.

They both sit on the sofa quiet. "Are you okay?" Stan asks. "They're on their way to arrest my parents, Stan. No, I'm scared" Richie says and Stan looks to the side to look at him. "It will be okay, if you go to court then I'll be right there with you" Stan says. "Do we have to go to my house tomorrow to get my things?" Richie asks. "Yeah, but we can ask a couple of the losers to help us" Stan says and Richie nods. "Can we ask Bill and Mike? Bill so I can come out to him, and Mike because he's strong and can help us carry stuff" Richie asks. "Yeah, whoever you want. How's things with you and Eddie?" Stan asks. "It's okay, Beverly explained it and now he feels really bad, tonight I think I'm gonna stay up a little to text him so he knows I'm not pissed at him" Richie says. Stan nods and Richie looks at him. Stan puts his arm out and Richie instantly shuffles to the left and cuddles into Stan side. Stan has one arm around Richies shoulders and the other holding one of Richies hands, he has his head resting against Richies which is next to his neck. "It will be okay, you know, we can get through this" Stan whispers. Richie looks up and kisses him. "Thanks Stan, I know I can be annoying and I'm still in shock that you like me. I honestly thought I was unlikable" Richie says sadly. "Hey, I love you, and the rest of the losers do, not in the way I do, and if they did that would be awkward as shit" Stan says and Richie laughs. Then Donald walks in, he sees the boys but doesn't question it, just thinking Stan is comforting him like he has for years.

They eat the food and go to sleep. They have another stressful day ahead.

a/n

I have no idea how this whole police thing would go realistically, so I'm doing it how I want. They're gonna go to court a few times in the future but it won't be realistic. Also the next chapter is gonna have a moment with Stan being upset and Richie comforting him because we love that.