Chapter Three

Alcohol lingered in my nostrils as soon as I entered. The sight of the dance floor was horrific. People weren't exactly dancing, more like grinding and making out. Everywhere I looked were people making out. This isn't what I expected it to be like. This is exactly why I don't come to clubs nor parties. But there's no turning back now.

I slowly made my way through a crowd of wild, teenagers. I heard a couple of wolf whistles, but I carried on going. That was until I felt a hand squeeze my bottom. Gasping, I turned around to face a guy with black hair, blue eyes, and a cocky smirk. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked me up and down. Suddenly, I felt really insecure. I was wearing a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a sweatshirt.

"Hey, baby." He smirked, walking closer to me. He had a deep, husky voice that sent chills down my spine. Taking a few steps back, I gulped, unsure of what to do. "Want to go grab a room for the two of us?" He asked, making me scoff. Does he really think that I want to have sex with him? Well, I definitely don't.

I shook my head vigorously, unable to form words. He just laughed, "Come on, sexy. It won't take long." Horrified, I tried to take a few more steps back, but I couldn't. I fell into what felt like a person. I could feel a fast heartbeat against my back. I tried to get away from whoever it was, but the person had a tight grip around my waist.

I was spun around and I sighed once I saw the face of my best friend - Grayson King. Grayson is practically my brother, he's two years older than me, but our moms knew each other so we grew up together. His dark brown eyes stared into the depths of mine. He scrunched his face up at the guy who - I'm pretty sure had sprinted his ass away from the gym addicted boy standing in front of me. I leaned into Grayson's chest, whilst he ran his hands up and down my arms - something that calms me down.

"Grayson, there you are!" A girly voice screeched. I took a step away from him, who rolled his eyes making me smile slightly. I looked to my right and a small dark skinned girl stood holding a blue solo cup in her right hand and her purse in the other.

I bit my lip, tugging on the ends of my sweater. I cocked an eyebrow up at him. He hadn't mentioned anything at all about a girl. He shook his head at me, grabbing my arm and pulling me over to the bar. The girl followed us, eyeing me suspiciously.

"You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend?" I said to Grayson, who had let go of me.

"Oh, I uh-" he stuttered, searching for words to complete his sentence.

"I'm Mary-Kate, but I go by M-K." The girl said, giving me a smile. I returned one. M-K was actually really pretty. She had light brown eyes, short black hair with red tips, she was currently wearing a short red dress which complimented her hair, her dress was then completed with black flats.

"I'm Lottie," I say, "are you Grayson's girlfriend?" I didn't look at Grayson at all, wanting to hear her side of the story first.

"Oh, no." She shook her head. "I'm getting my sister and him together." I turned to look at Grayson, a sneaky smile on my face. Grayson just stared out into the crowd, blushing furiously.

I grabbed M-K by the arm and lead her to a spare table. "You need to tell me more," I said, eager to hear the news. M-K gave me a knowing smile and I laughed, looking over at Grayson who was starting to walk over to us. He was death glaring me the whole time.

Before M-K got the chance to even open her mouth to proceed, Grayson sunk down onto the seat next to me. "No, she doesn't." He said quickly, tightening his grip around his drink. "Anyways, Lott, why are you even here? Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

I just gulped and stared at the table. Suddenly, the small grooves, scratches, and marks on the table became a lot more interesting than the conversation. Grayson knows me, he knows that I'm not afraid to express my feelings or opinions. And sometimes, the way I express them isn't always the best way. Take today for example.