We Took An Oath Pt.2

Start from the beginning

Trying to aim it at Lucious who was unconscious. He stood over Lucious or what he assumed was Lucious he was seeing triples at the moment. They were all moving in circles confusing him. He blinked rapidly but they didn't stop. He guessed taking a shot, in his dizzy state he declared his mission done stumbling through the house back the way he entered.

10 minutes later....

Cookie rushed to the back door. The front doors being locked giving no entry. She had lost her tail somewhere in the city but she knew they couldn't be but a few minutes behind her. Thankfully she kept a gun at all times. Walking in through the cracked door she listened for any noise. Hearing not a sound made her blood freeze.

"LUCIOUS?" She called out rushing through the house. Walking down the second hall to the kitchen she gasped seeing a random gun. Heading into the kitchen destruction met her head on. The man she loved laying smack dab in the middle unmoving.

"Lucious! Oh god! LUCIOUS!" Cookie screamed dropping the gun. Rushing to him she dropped to her knees grabbing him by the shirt and shaking him.

"Wake up! WAKE UP DAMN IT! LUCIOUS! No no no no...Lucious...Please....Please..." Her outrage morphing into hysteria in a flash. She couldn't breath literally. He couldn't be gone, shaking him harder her tears poured.

"Lucious....think of the boys! Think of meeeee! Lucious! You can't leave me! You cant!" She cried her head dropping to his chest. He suddenly coughed making her jerk. Lifting her head he coughed again moving his head.

"Good lord....Lucious? I'm here...im right here." Cookie exclaimed lifting him uncaring about him bleeding, she rested his body in her lap. Slapping his cheek lightly for him to come to.

He blinked looking around confused and dazed. Hearing rushed footsteps Cookies guards emerged. She barked orders for them to scope the grounds and call for the rest of the security team. Lucious winced her loud voice ringing in his ears. A hiss leaving his dry mouth when Cookie grabbed his face checking his injuries. Whatever she saw only made her features darken. She didn't say a word though. Just sitting and holding him close slowly calming her racing heart. Lucious smiled softly enjoying her comfort.

After a while she helped him to his feet picking up a chair for him to sit in. He was seeing clearly but he felt ran over. Drinking the water Cookie gave him, he flinched as she started to dab around what he assumed was a gash on his head. She pursed her lips and pinched him by the ear scolding him for jerking away from her. Wiping his face clear of blood he simply stared at her. Her face was calm but he could see her mind racing through her eyes. Grabbing the hand currently wiping his brows she paused looking into his eyes.

"I'm okay Cookie. It's fine." He spoke, there was a beat of pause before anger took over her face. She smacked his hand away going back to cleaning his face. He rubbed the reddening skin with his other hand frowning at her reaction. He expected her to cry out her love for him and hug him and maybe cry...not hit him.

"You don't see what I'm seeing." She hissed walking off to rinse the towel.

"I feel okay Cookie." He lied standing up for show. He felt his stomach lurch but he stayed steady. She stared at him heatedly for a few beats. Her glare cut off by her ringing phone. Walking back over she snapped her fingers at the chair. He sat back down a pout on his face as she picked up her phone.

"Andre....yeah, no I'm here. Look I need you to to take our speech.....no....no....BOY! You will because were not gonna make it..." She argued, Lucious shook his head snatching the phone from her.

"Ignore your mother. We'll be there, maybe late but if so stall." Lucious spoke hanging up, Cookie rose a brow at him.

"You're still bleeding or do you not know that." She spat poking a particular spot on his shoulder. He hissed pushing her hand away looking down at it. Looking back at where he was laying he noticed a bullet hole. He couldn't believe Damon missed a shot. Aside from this bleeding graze he was fine in terms of bullets. Cupping Cookies face he forced her to stare at his eyes and not his wounds.