Chapter 12

Maria's POV

*************************************

"YO LEXI!" I scream as I walk in the dorm.

"Hey." Lexi says, busying doing homework sentences.

"Gay baby." Skylar says from her bed.

"What the heck?!" I exclaim.

"A gay baby is born in every awkward silence."

"Oh."

"Have you any idea how many gay babies are being born right now? I'm out." And with that, Skylar walks out the door.

"Gay baby." Brooke says. Lexi and I start laughing, Brooke joining in after a few seconds.

Well, Skylar is Skylar, nothings going to change that about her. She's just. Just. Just. Eh. Whatever.

*You've got that one thing. SO GET OUT GET OUT GET OUTTA MY HEAD*

"Skylar forgot her phone again!" I yell from my bed.

"Thanks, Capitan Obvious." Brooke replies.

"Why, your welcome, Sargent Sarcastic."

"Anytime, Comrade Comeback."

"Of course, Dictator Dickhead."

"Hey!"

"Guys! Just somebody give Skylar her phone! I'm trying to do my homework!" Lexi screams.

"Ok, ok." I reluctantly get up and grab her phone. "Crap. Guys?"

"Yeah?" Brooke says.

"It was a random number. It left a message." I say.

"Play it!" Brooke grins, running over to me.

I press play on the phone, but the phone speaks. "Please enter your password."

"Shhhhhiiiiiii-" I start.

"Maria! Excuse your language!" Lexi interrupts.

"Rawr! Kitty got claws!" I growl playfully.

"Just find Skylar." Lexi sighs.

"Mmk." I agree, and lazily get up from my bed. "And your eyes.... Irresistible.." I hum as I walk down the hallway. "Irresistible... Irresistible.."

"Maria, why you have my phone?" Skylar says, stepping out from behind me.

"A random number clalled you, left a message, and there's a password or else I would be telling you what the person says." I grin.

Skylar quickly types the passcode in, and puts her phone up to her ear. "Maria, gurrl, you just too   dang adorable for yo own good yo!"

"I know right! Skylar, yo just too gagous for yo own good!" I yell back.

"Mr. Turtle is a man who turns people into turtles. There were four turtles, but two of them died. The two surviving turtles fell in love! And they ran away together out of the cave in a huge opening that was there but nobody noticed it. And then the mayor was like, turtles, you found your way out! Then everybody was like, Yay turtles!"

"Ok, ok. What did the message say?"

"Oh, you know. Just Simon Cowell saying that the boys have to go on tour, but he couldn't get ahold of them and blah blah blah..."

"What?! They have to go on tour!?"

"Uh huh. I like turtles."

"Well no dip. We have to find Liam so you can profess your love to him so you can live a happy long distance couple and skype and facetime every two minutes, and tell him you love him soo much and he says it too, and you all laugh and be happy and babysit turtles and yeah." I sigh.

"Maria!" Skylar huffs. "No way. But c'mon, let's go find them."

"Where are they?" I ask.

"Lord only knows where five boys would be on a sunny afternoon." Skylar sighs.

"Oh, I don't know.... Maybe in the park where they can hit on slutty girls?" I suggest, a tinge of sarcasticness in my voice.

"Well. When in doubt, get food!" Skylar skips off, dragging me along behind her.

"One thing never changes about this girl," I mutter, "Food."

"Maria! You're going way to slow!" Skylar yells.

"Gimme a minuite! It's too much effort to walk quickly!" I whine.

"One thing never changes about you too Mar." Skylar says, "Laziness."

"True story." I agree, and join Skylar as we get food.

We skip into the kitchen, not really worrying about the lunch ladies. They've given up on trying to tame our hunger.

"What are you two doing in here?" A familiar voice asks us. We turn around in unison, only to find Liam Payne scolding us.

"We could ask you the same." I retort.

"I have permission. I'm washing all the school spoons." He glares at us accusingly. "Do you have permission?"

"Well then, do I need to get daddy's permission before I go into the kitchen?" I say bitterly.

"I didn't mean it like that!" He protests.

"Then what did you mean, daddy?" I mock.

"... Nothing." He sighs. "Go back to whatever you were doing. "

Skylar, who still refuses to talk whenever she's around Liam, had mysteriously disappeared.  

"Shit. Liam, where's Skylar?" I worriedly question.

Liam turns around and faces me, a worried look plastered onto his normally calm face. "No idea."

*Maria uses some very colorful language*

"Ok, ok. Enough swearing. We have to find her." He's now genuinely concerned for Skylars safety.

"Come on." I order, leading towards my car.

"There is no way I'm riding in that thing."

"That, or you can walk, your choice."

He looks disgracefully at my old rusty car. "Fine," He climbs in, and we head towards the one place I KNOW Skylar will be.

The Ice Cream Shop.

Arriving, Liam and I jump out of the car and sprint into the ice cream shop. "Do you think she'll be in here?" He questions.

"Where else would she be?"

We head in, finding a red-headed Skylar, safe and sound. She holds out her ice cream cup, offering us some.

"Of course." I smile, and take a spoon, digging into the ice cream. "You're not going to have any?" I ask Liam.

"Uh... Spoo-"

"Do you want some or not?" I ask impatiently.

"Yeah," He takes a fork and shoves a forkful into his mouth. "Dis ish goob."

I grin, looking around my surroundings. Awe, look! A couple! Sitting on the bar together sharing a milkshake. Heh, that looks a lot like Zayn! And... Oh HELL no.

 **********************************

@Katmusic920 helped me with this. I had writers block, she helped :)