Chapter 22

Nursery^

It's been two weeks since I left the hospital and so far, things had been going good. Malani slept for 4-5 hours at a time which was great and was a very quiet but alert baby. She wasn't the biggest eater but when she was hungry, she didn't want to wait. I had tried breastfeeding but truth was, it was really painful so we decided to formula feed which made it easy for me and Rio to alternate throughout the night. Marcus loved Malani and being a big brother which the exception of her late-night feedings which woke him up.

"She's so beautiful." Rio murmurs softly as he sits next to me with his arm around me and Malani snuggled in my arms.

"She sure is and she's always so happy and alert, with the exception of when she's hungry." I say with a giggle.

"I can't wait till she gets bigger and I can spoil her." he says and I laugh.

"I can't wait until she's 3, where she's still small but can walk and talk and play." I say happily.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go for a drive and have some supper." Rio tells me.

"That sounds great. Let me go put something a little warmer on and then we can go." I reply and he grins.

"Can you put her sweater on and get her in her car seat?" I ask and he nods his head.

"Thank you." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"You know you don't need to thank me, Mami. There is two of us." he says and I let out a sigh.

"I know. I'm sorry. Now don't forget to tuck the blanket around her legs once she's buckled in." I tell him and he narrows his eyes at me.

"Sorry." I squeak before quickly making my way up to our room.

I quickly change before running back down where Rio and Malani are both by the door, ready to go.

We leave the building and get into Rio's car before driving to  Boston's Pizza and ordering our food to go

We leave the building and get into Rio's car before driving to Boston's Pizza and ordering our food to go. We drive around the area for about 20 minutes before picking up our food and driving out by the beach. Rio takes us to the top of a hill where you can oversee the ocean and we both sit back and eat as Malani sleeps in the back.

"This was really nice and an amazing idea. Thank you." I tell him.

"I thought you might like it, I figured since you're still a bit sore from the stitches, you probably weren't going to want to go in anywhere." he replies and I chuckle.

"Your right." I agree.

"So, I was thinking, after my 6 week check up with the doctor. Annie and Eddy said they would watch Malani for a night so we could have a little date night and get back to our sex life." I tell him and I watch the smirk pull at his lips.

"Eager already, Mami?" he asks and I roll my eyes.

"Of course, I am. Now what do you say?" I ask slightly irritated.

"That's fine." he says with a small chuckle and I narrow my eyes at him.

"No need to get feisty, Mami." he says chuckling more as he raises his hands up.

I roll my eyes and continue to eat my food.

"You know, we should have got desert." I tell him once I'm finished.

"Did you want to go back and get some?" he asks and I grin.

"I sure do. We can take it to the house to enjoy, getting close to her feeding time soon." I say as I notice the time.

"Where do you want me to go?" he asks.

"The little cake shop across from the bank. I want cheesecake." I say and he laughs.

"Yes mam." he replies before taking off in that direction.

As were making our way, my phone begins to ring and I quickly answer it as I see Beth's name pop up.

"Hello my lovely sister, what's up." I say as I put it on speaker phone.

"Hey, me and Ruby have been talking and we think it would be really fun to take a little mom's trip with all us girls." she tells me and my eyes widen in surprise.

I look over to Rio who nods his head.

"When were you thinking?" I ask not ready to leave Malani yet.

"2 months, when the kids are out of school for the summer." she replies.

So Malani would be 10 weeks old, almost 3 months.

"Yeah that sounds fun." I say.

"Sounds good! We're going to start looking at places and prices and get back to you." she tells me and I grin in excitement.

"Can't wait!" I cheer.

"Talk soon, love you." she tells me.

"Love you too." I reply before hanging up.

"I think that will be really good for you, Mami. Your first mom trip." Rio tells me and I bite my lip.

"My first time away from Malani too, but I think it will be a good time to ripe that band aid off." I say and he nods in agreement.

"Here we are." he says as we pull up to the shop.

Cheesecake, here I come.