(4) sickness

★★★★★★★★★★

★★★★★★★★★★

Peter was having a bad day. He woke up late, meaning he was late for school, he forgot his math homework on his desk at home after hours of hard work completing it, but above all he felt terrible.

His head was throbbing with pain all over and every sound seemed to be too much for him. He felt dizzy no matter how slowly he was moving and wanted the day to be over.

He pushed himself to stay at school, knowing he'd have too much to make up if he went home, holding out hope he'd somehow feel better before he was supposed to go to Avengers Tower to see Mr. Stark.

He was looking forward to seeing Tony all week and wasn't about to let a bit of nausea and a headache stop him.

"Hey, kid, how are you?" Tony smiled at Peter when he arrived.

Peter approached the man, wanting to just plop down on the couch in his office and take a nap, but his pride wouldn't allow him to.

"I'm great, Mr. Stark! I brought that computer I built last week." He managed to lie easily, ignoring the queasiness and pounding headache he felt. He was also convinced that if he told Tony he wasn't feeling well, he would get sent home.

"I actually want to do some training today." Tony stood up and walked past Peter, missing the panicked expression that flashed over the kid's features. "After you got banged up pretty bad the other night I want to go over more basic self defense with you again." He elaborated, pressing the elevator button, and assuming Peter was following him.

Peter was frozen in place, trying to think of any way out of this. He didn't want Mr. Stark to send him home, or think he wasn't tough enough to be a real avenger one day!

"I don't-don't think I need the basic training. The other night was a fluke!" He turned around and slowly approached Tony, not wanting to move to fast as he was still a little dizzy.

"These flukes have been happening far too much." Tony shook his head, getting into the elevator giving Peter a pointed look. "Kid. I need to make sure you are prepared for anything out there. This is a training all avengers go through." He explained.

"But I have enhanced senses! I don't need to do boring training." He desperately tried to convince him. "Can't we just work on your tech up here?"

"I've made my decision." Tony stated. He gave Peter an unimpressed expression when the teen did not move toward the elevator. "Come on." He tilted his head to the side where he wanted Peter to stand.

Peter sighed, not seeing a clear way out of this. He didn't want Mr. Stark to think he couldn't handle a little headache. He decided he could just push through the training. He'd
impress Mr. Stark and get to spend time with him.

Peter shuffled into the elevator and leaned against the side of it, the pounding in his head becoming unbearable.

"Stop pouting, Pete, it's not like you." Tony reprimanded with a confused glance to the teenager. "Fri, take us to the training facility." He ordered.