(2) anxiety

hey everyone! please leave prompts/suggestions!

this suggestion by: I-genuinely-believe

★★★★★★★★★★

Peter was having an easy patrol day; no one was needing any real help. He had only managed to help a tourist find the correct train. This all changed when he saw a cloud of smoke from across the street.

Peter quickly pulled his mask on and swung over to the building, that he now saw was quickly catching on fire. He quickly scanned to see if any fireman were there and when he saw there weren't he knew he had to act quickly.

"Help!" His head shot to where he saw a women on a balcony of the building. She was surrounded by flames, her only option was to stand on her balcony, with no fire escape. Peter climbed the building, his heart spiking at her panicked screams.

"Hello, ma'am. It's okay, I'll help you down." He kept his voice as steady as possible when he reached her balcony.

The women paid no attention to his response and shouted: "My-my son is in there! Please!"

Peter looked inside her house and didn't hesitate to run inside. The house was in much worse condition than he saw from the outside. The fire seemed to be coming from the apartment below it and was spreading over the walls.

"Hello? Is anyone in here?" Peter yelled out. "I'm here to help!" He tried again. Peter was starting to panic. He couldn't see anything in the smoke and was starting to cough. He jumped slightly when a large shelf came crashing down due to the foundation of it burning.

Despite his panic, Peter ran further into the fire, into what he guessed was a bedroom. Peter let out a breath of relief when he made out a silhouette of a small child sitting on the ground next to his bed. He heard the child was sobbing, his knees brought up to his chest.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay." Peter rushed over to the kid, avoiding the flames. He didn't waste time and picked up the crying child, "I'm Spiderman." He informed the kid, when he seemed scared. "I'm going to bring you to Mommy. You just have to hold on to me really tightly, okay?" He asked. The boy nodded quickly, his tearful eyes widened in fear.

Peter quickly ran back through the main room of the house. The ceiling was collapsing in the room he had just exited and Peter had to jump over multiple flames to make it to where he saw the balcony.

Peter was just about to reach the balcony when a massive dresser, engulfed in flames fell, blocking the exit. When the furniture came crashing down, a piece of wood broke off and hit Peter in the head, causing him to get dizzy for a moment.

The young boy had his face tucked into Peter's chest, gripping his neck so hard Peter was having even more trouble breathing. Both of them were coughing profusely now and Peter couldn't see well at all.