11

Reader POV

I shook my head.

"We are both at fault, you foolish Royal."

Out of the corner of my eye, at a booth nearby, something caught the attention of my (e/y) eyes.

I walked over to it with Nozel following.

Our scarves flew gently in the winter's wind.

"Look," I said. "It's so pretty,"

Nozel looked down at the pendant. It was purple, just like his eyes.

"If you want, I can get it for you," he said. "But wouldn't you want the (e/c)-colored one? It matches your eyes."

I gave him a close-eyed smile. "If I ever have to leave or go somewhere far away, I want to be reminded of you."

"(y/n)..." Nozel gently cupped my face with darling eyes. "You have no idea how much that means to me."

He rested his forehead on mine. "True, you are probably one of the weirdest people I've met, but I find myself thinking about you a lot."

"Really?"

"Really." Nozel turned to the merchant. "I want that purple pendant."

I shook my head. "Nozel, that isn't necessary-"

"What day is it today, (y/n)?"

"December 21st?"

He smiled. "And what else?"

"I don't know?"

Nozel laughed and thanked the man for the pendant. He clasped it on my neck after moving the scarf and paying. "It's your 19th birthday."

(For story purposes, please just go with it.)

"How did you-"

"I heard you and my siblings talking," Nozel explained. He suddenly held both of my gloved hands in his gloved hands. "Listen, I know we didn't start off good. But I am serious. I can't stop thinking about you."

"Funny," I said. "Because I can't stop thinking about you either."

Nozel smiled and we walked through the market in comfortable silence. We stopped at the edge of a dock's railing, watching some children play on ice.

I glanced up at the moon which illuminated everything.

Nozel glanced down at my smiling face.

"(y/n)? Are you happy here? With me, I mean."

I nodded, looking down at the ice below with a soft smile. "True, sometimes I want to strangle you, but you're the closest thing I've got to a home and family."

"Wait, that came off wrong..." I cringed.

"(y/n)? What do you think about me. Truly."

I bit my lip, knowing that once I spoke those eight words, things would be forever changed between us.

"Nozel, I think I'm in love with you."

He smiled and cupped my face and leaned down.

"Perfect. Because I find that I'm madly in love with you, despite everything I say." 

With that said, he closed the gap.

My eyes widened.

The Nozel Silva, head of the Royal House Silva and captain of the Silver Eagles, was kissing me.

I closes my eyes and kissed back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

We broke apart because every living thing needed to breathe.

"That was..."

"Amazing," Nozel finished. He looked up at the night sky with a blush. "I never thought I'd be able to do that."

"We are all full of surprises."

Nozel wrapped an arm around my waist. "C'mon. As much as I'd love to stay out, I have a feeling that you're tired."

As we walked the long way back to the Clover Castle, Nozel stopped.

"What I said four nights ago. You are of importance, (y/n)." He said.

I leaned against his tall figure. "I know."

"I promise you, (y/n). You will always be special to me."

Those words stuck my heart in a happy way.

Before I could even register it, my grimoire floated into the air and a new spell appeared.

I read it over and smiled. "Nozel, look."

I ran ahead of him with a smile and aimed my index finger at the sky. "Ice Magic: Ice Queen's Love!"

A blast of pink ice shot into the sky and formed a heart before coming back down and sprinkling the world with pink ice.

"Wow...that was beautiful," Nozel got out his grimoire. "Mercury Creation Magic: Heart of a King!"

In the sky, a mercury heart appeared and stayed there for a while before slowly vanishing.

"Wow, that's incredible!"

As we walked into the castle, I paused.

"Nozel are we...?"

He laughed. "Yes, you are mine. Don't even try to protest against it, you Ice Mage."

"Aw, who knew Nozel could be so soft!" I teased.

"Only for you," he said. He walked me to a guest room.

Before, I had stayed in Nebra and Noelle's rooms, but a room was cleared of storage and was quickly refurnished into a room made just for me.

"I hope you sleep well," Nozel said softly to me as he hugged me goodnight.

"You too," I kissed his cheek.

I walked into the room and closed the door with a lingering smile in my face.

I laughed when I heard Nozel skipping down the halls in joy, screaming; "YES!"

Neither of us knew, but Simon and the other Silva siblings teamed up to make this work.

It was obvious to everyone that we both liked each other, even if we didn't want to admit it.