9. Friends

One               Month             Later

Rye's Point of View

These are confusing times. I have so many unanswered questions to Jaden but I'm afraid if I do, everything will end. For the past month he's been sleeping with me almost daily, we go out and act like a couple or at least that's what Bryce thinks, we are always texting each and being sweet... but that's it. We don't talk about being more than friends or whatever this is. And I've tried to bring it up but he always finds a way to change the conversation or suddenly he has to go.

I'm having problems with my mother. Since I moved here she has been sending me money because living in California is very expensive. She stopped sending me money and doesn't answer my calls or texts. My mom is bipolar and there's days where she decides to hate me for absolutely no reason.

I've completely healed from my neighbor's incident. This week I've been going to practice and it's been great, I have a solo so it makes it even better.

"Remember to come pick me up." I tell Bryce hopping out of his car.

He insisted on dropping me off today at the studio before going to his classes because; "it's pointless to use your car if I have to pass the studio on my way to class."

"Okay, love you." He says waving at me.

I walk in the studio with a coffee in hand. The stress I've gone through had made me addicted to caffeine, Jaden has a lot to do with it. He's just so confusing and messy, I don't think I'll ever be emotionally stable to be with him if he's going to act like this. The worst part is I developed feelings for him, it was hard not too. This will either end really good or horrible.

Fuck. It's the third time I fall off my turn while practicing my solo. This is the only dance I'll be doing this weekend at the competition, it has to be perfect.

"Take a break." Our choreographer says to me. I walk out of the room shamefully and began to cry out of frustration. I sat on the floor where no could see me.

Jaden: you look cute today

I smile at my phone. He sent me a screenshot of a picture I posted on my instagram story before practice started. Jaden is a sweet guy, he barely shows it but he is.

Me: oh thank you

Me: will i see you today?

Jaden: of course baby

Me: im having a terrible day

My heart sunk when I realized he left me on read. This is exactly the reason why I don't know what's going on. It gets me so angry.

"Rye, are you okay?" Great, Joshua is here looking at me crying.

He's hanging out at the studio a lot again. There's a rumor going on that his parents are retiring and him and his sister who is one of the choreographers are keeping the company. But no one has came clear.

"Yeah, sorry." I wipe my tears trying to get myself together. I'm an embarrassment.

"Come on, don't sit there and cry." He helps me get up by my hands. "I'm so sorry, this is unprofessional I-"

"Stop, stop." He says. "You're emotional, there's nothing wrong with that. Your dancing can be better but there's not hurry." Those are the same words Jaden should tell me, not ignore me.