24. Rye's Birthday

^^^the song Rye is dancing to. In order to understand something that will happen, I suggest you to listen to it while reading this chapter.

____________________

Rye's birthday; April 11, 2020

Rye's Point of View

I woke by the sound of my alarm pounding my head. My first thought after turning off the loud alarm is today is my twenty first birthday... I'm officially an adult.

I roll the bedsheets off my body, feeling the cold air on my skin and I got up to start getting ready for my competition.

Did I mention Oscar got a hotel room for me so I could spend me birthday weekend in a nice place? Yeah, it's sweet to say the least.

When I finished dressing up and doing my makeup, I took a look at my phone that had a couple messages from the group chat.

Group chat: i hate all of you

Joshy: happy birthday Oakley dokey

Jafen: happy birthdaaaaaaayyyyyy

Gryffindor: happy birthday we love you

Anfoni: love u riann

As happy as I am that the boys collectively texted me, I felt sadness over the fact that Bryce didn't bother to even send an emoji. We haven't spoken a single word to each other since the argument we had. I expected more from him, from our friendship. I guess he never really cared about me like I did. I'm disappointed because I love him, and I wanted to be his best friend forever... but a girl had to get in our way.

Me: thank you, love you too guys

I put my phone on my bag after hearing a knock on my hotel room, meaning that Oscar is ready to go. I placed my bag over my shoulder and opened the door to meet Oscar with a big grin on his face.

"Happy birthday, Riann." He embraced me into his arms. At first I couldn't bring myself to respond to his kind act but I gave in, brushing off my nervousness. "I have a gift for you." He says pulling a small white box out of his pocket.

"A gift?" I ask as a opened the small boxed Oscar just handed me. "Mom's ring." I smile looking at the silver ring my mother used to wear religiously. "Thank you!" I hug him again.

_______________

"Here's the birthday girl!" Joshua jumps with excitement towards me when I walked in the empty dressing room. I'm the only soloist today, there's no reason for my teammates to be here this early. "Thank you." I giggle as we hugged. Thing's between us are slightly awkward but today is my birthday, I shouldn't worry about that.

"I didn't know you'd be here."

"Some one had to sign you in. Plus, I knew no one would be here and I didn't want you to be alone on your birthday." He says sweetly and I smile. "Aright help me stretch then."

After stretching I put on my solo costume. I rarely feel nervous before dancing but today it's a special day. Jaden and Griffin are in the crowd with Oscar, which means a lot to me. They texted me a couple of minutes ago that they arrived. I had a little hope that Bryce would swallow his pride at came to surprise me but after seeing Jaden's Instagram story with a picture of just him and Griffin, my hopes were crushed.