23 : Trouble in Paradise

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going to get in trouble for you. Get in. Now," I demanded, pointing behind him. He raised a brow questioningly.

"I'm going to drive this time," he decided randomly.Before he could, I raced over to the drivers side, and stood in front of the door.

"Rhiyanne, c'mon move." I shook my head 'no'.

"Uh uh, no. Absolutely not, you don't even know where we are going. Go get in," I instructed, nodding my head towards the passenger side.

His chest rose and fell, "then just tell me where we're going."

I scoffed, "not a chance."

This seemed to make him mad, but I didn't care. He was always mad about something, probably angry at the world. His cold hands gripped my waist, jerking my body to his.

"Hey, cut that out," I protest.He holds me with one arm while the other goes behind my back on the door handle.

"I really don't like you," I admitted with much passion.

"Really," he peered down at me. He fingers traced the small of my back.

"Yeah, really," I retorted, pushing him off of me.

He grabbed my hand, "wait, we need to talk."

I groaned. I could feel my grip on sanity loosening as he further annoyed me. "No we don't, I'm late as it is. Are you driving or what?"

I glanced at him from the side of my eye, taking him in. His olive skin glistened in the sunlight.

"Do you stare at everyone, or is it just me?" His tone was indifferent but his suggestions were rather obvious. I sneaked a peak as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I don't stare at you, get over yourself," I laughed. He made this grunting noise, almost like he didn't believe me.

"Why do you have such a hard time believing everything I say?" His stoic face bothered me.

"Everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie, and un believable." I scowled at the side of his face. "How old are you? Wait I know, sixteen. Birth date, December 21, 1997....yeah that mans you're sixteen." I turn away staring out of the window as he talks to himself, because I wasn't listening.

"I moved to New York when I was thirteen or twelve, and now I'm seventeen. I've been gone for what, four, or five years? Yet you claim you don't remember me. That's a little upsetting, given how close we were."

Now this caught my attention. I readjusted myself in my seat. "You know, I once read something about selective memory, maybe you weren't important enough to remember." I frowned the slightest, this is the much he's said since he's been here and it's about me remembering him. "Why are you so fascinated by the past. This is the most you said since you been here." As we came to a red light, he looked at me, really looked at me.

"I just missed you," he sighed. My face flushed, this was becoming awkward.

"Don't look so scared Angel, it's only the truth," he said.

My frown reappeared, "don't call me that, and if you missed me so much you would have called."

I'm not admitting anything. Who really cares if I remember him or not, the world doesn't revolve around Carmelo. A few minutes later we pull in the parking lot. I was ashamed to say my face lit up when I saw Jace leaning on the side of his car. It's ridiculous that he's even here, he invited himself.

I was stupid enough to let him in on my whereabouts. We parked opposite of him. I hopped out of the car, and waited for Carmelo to follow, but he didn't.