Prologue

Prologue (8 years ago, Age: 13)

     "Rosalie, Run!" My dad yelled, pulling me to my feet. He took off running, pulling me along with him. My legs were cut up from the branches and bushes along the way, dripping blood onto the snow-covered forest floor. I had little energy left after running for miles through the darkened forest. The only light illuminating was that of the full moon. I could feel my bones trying to pop out of place and rearranging itself into a form that I had not yet mastered.

     My dad pulled me into a small cave off the path of the forest. "Stay here, Rosalie."

     "Where's mom?" I said as tears were flowing fully down my face.

     "I don't know sweetie. We can't go back for her though." I was about to protest before he hushed me. "We have to stay quiet. There are people after you," He said, tears filling up in his eyes.

     "Daddy, what's happening?"

     He looked at me as tears began to cascade down his cheeks. "You're not supposed to be alive sweetie. You're a tribrid. Your kind shouldn't exist." He stroked my hair, pulling me to his chest. "I'm sorry for everything. Me and your mother have tried everything to protect you."

     He pulled me back so that he could look me in the eyes. "You can't trust anybody, Rosalie. Not ever. The only person you can ever rely on is yourself. Do you understand?" I whimpered, a sob escaping. "Damn it, Rosalie! Do you understand? You have to be strong. Not for me, but for yourself. Promise me that you will never fully trust anybody. That you will always be the one in charge. Can you do that?"

     I nodded my head. "Yes, daddy. I won't trust anybody. I'm the one in charge."

     "Do you trust me, Rosalie?" He looked at me with so much pain in his eyes.

     "Yes," I said, without hesitation. My dad has always protected me. He has always been there for me as we moved from place to place since I would never quite fit in with one species.

     "The only way that you can be a true tribrid is through a willing sacrifice." My dad said as he pulled out a knife with a witch, werewolf, and vampire engraved onto the blade. It was all of the species that made up me, a tribrid.

     "What are you saying?" I looked up at him, knowing good and well what he was saying.

     "Sweetie, it's the only way to guarantee you a life of freedom and peace. I would die if anything happened to you. Or more likely, when. You're living on a timestamp Rosalie. You're not strong enough. You aren't fully one species."

     He grabbed my hand, placing the knife into my palm. "You can't shift into a wolf, you don't have any vampire qualities besides the urge for human blood, and you can't cast any spells past the first level. If it wasn't for the confirmation at birth, most would assume you're human."

     "Then why can't we just run away together?" I asked, trying to push the knife back into his hands.

     He gave me a sad, pitying look. "Because they found out sweetie."

     I sucked in a sharp breath. They knew. How? If someone wasn't there when I was born, then it was virtually impossible for anyone else to know. "I don't want to lose you too, dad." I barely got out from the sob stuck in my throat.

     "I love you, Rosalie girl. You are stronger than you think. Be the fearless girl that I raised you to be. That I trained you to be. You can do anything. And please, don't date any asshole guys when you get older." He laughed even as he cried. I let a small laugh slip past my mouth because I knew that this was goodbye.

     "I love you, daddy," I whispered, tightening my grip on the knife. He pulled my hand, letting the blade rest on top of where his heart laid underneath.

     "Head to the place where we talked about. After this, no one will be able to find you if you don't let them. In my backpack, there is information on all three species of a tribrid. You'll be perfectly fine without me." He kissed my forehead, before pushing my hand a little to signal that he was ready for death.

     "I won't ever forget you, dad," I said, before plunging the knife into his heart. "I promise that I won't ever trust anyone again. And if someone steps in my way, then I'll take them out."

Thank you so much for checking out my new book! I'm really excited to be writing a reverse harem book, and it's definitely going to be a challenge for me with character development and multiple pov's throughout. New chapters will be out every other day, so stay tuned.

If you haven't already, go check out my book, "Dangerously Beautiful." It's the completed first book in a duology, and I would appreciate it if you would go check it out.