Fathingo

A/N: Requested by @WeLovePigs

~Fathom's POV~

Fathom was so happy. He didn't have to worry about Darkstalker anymore, or his sister worrying about him using his animus magic, or his sister prohibiting him from being with the love of his life, Indigo, having and their dragonets, Clearpool, Cowrie, and Ripple.

And he and Indigo, along with their three dragonets, were living on an island together, in love with no worries.

It was everything Fathom had wanted, and more.

"Hey, Fathom." Indigo called from their small house. "Dinners ready. Can you go get the kids? I think swimming on the north side of the island."

"Okay." Fathom replied. "Be back soon."

He walked around the beach, deep in thought, thinking about how lucky he was. He still worried about Darkstalker from time to time, though, and he had no idea what had happened to Clearsight. She seemed to have just vanished. And Fathom missed Clearsight. She was a good friend, and they had been through a lot together. Fathom also wrote to Darkstalkers sister, Whiteout, quite a bit. She was an extraordinary dragon, and also a good friend. She and her husband, Thoughtful, were living peacefully on the outskirts of the Night Kingdom.

Fathom saw his dragonets swimming, and yelled, "Come on, you three! Dinner's ready!"

"Yes!" They all chorused. They all quickly swam to the shore, tripping over each other's feet.

"What's for dinner?" Clearpool asked.

"I don't know." Fathom replied. "You'd have to ask your mother."

"Hey, dad, before we go to bed tonight, can you tell us the story about you in the Night Kingdom again? And about Darkstalker?" Cowrie asked.

"Not tonight, sorry." Fathom said. The memories just hurt too much to think about, and some days more than others.

"Can we hear the one about you and mom finding this place after you left the NightWing place?" Ripple asked.

"Sure." Fathom said. "Come on, your mother's waiting."

———

The family ate dinner, and Fathom and Indigo put their dragonets to bed, Fathom telling them the story about the two of them finding the island. It wasn't very hard, but Fathom exaggerated it to make it seem more interesting.

"How did we get so lucky?" Indigo asked.

"I have no idea." Fathom replied. "For years, I never thought I'd get to see you, and that my life was ruined, and as soon as we went to the Night Kingdom, I felt like my life had meaning again. Because you were there."

"Oh, you big romantic." Indigo replied with a cheeky grin. "Shut up."

"I'm being honest!" Fathom replied, earning a shove from Indigo.

"So you've liked me you're entire life?" Indigo asked.

"Yep." Fathom said. "From the moment I saw you, I knew that you were going to be the one dragon in all of Pyrrhia that was made for me."

"You're lying." Indigo said. "I know you're lying because you curl your tail."

"Oh, really?" Fathom said. He curled his tail. "I love you."

"Now you're just being a big dummy." Indigo said.

"But you love me." Fathom said.

"You know I do." Indigo replied.